4. Your Tools Facebook (pages, events) Twitter (#hashtags) YouTube Blogs (others and your own) Local social networks www.odnoklassniki.ru www.vk.com Social networks about reading and libraries www.goodreads.com www.librarything.com
5. Choose Your Tools Your goal? Your target audience? Your message? The right tool(s) and activities Where is your target audience? What is interesting and attractive to them? What do you want them to think, know and feel?
6. Who Uses It?Data source: www.socialbakers.com
7. Measure Your Success www.hootsuite.com social media tools and stats www.bit.ly count your clicks Facebook Insights for Pages Facebooks built-in statistics tool
8. A Social Library Seattle Public Library, USA (www.facebook.com/SeattlePublicLibrary) Cares about target audience Sets goals Fun!
9. Online Advocacy Iasi Country Library, Romania Iasi Country Library Deserves a Home advocacy campaign using social media Goal: finding a proper home for the library Inspiration: Matt Harding (www.wherethehellismatt.com) Tools used: Blogs (biblioteciiesene.wordpress.com) Facebook Flickr YouTube
10. Want More Inspiration? The Librarian in Black www.librarianinblack.net/librarianinblack/ The Shifted Librarian www.theshiftedlibrarian.com Letters to a Young Librarian letterstoayounglibrarian.blogspot.com #libchat every Wednesday on Twitter