Witnesses to their Own Progress: Reflective Learning and Preparing for the Workplace with ePortfolios Bronx Community College Bronx Community College is using two models of ePortfolio: course-based reflective learning and program-based professional preparation. Both models share student-centered pedagogies that encourage active creation and structuring of course content and responsibility for its organization and presentation. The resulting sense of student ownership encourages use of the ePortfolios for internships, employment, and transfers to four-year programs. • Howard Wach , Director of Instructional Technology • Jordi Getman-Eraso, Professor, Department of History; Co-Director, Honors Program • Jeanine Kelley-Williams, Assistant Professor, Department of Art and Music • Lisa Amowitz, Professor, Department of Art and Music
Text of Witnesses to their Own Progress: Reflective Learning and Preparing for the Workplace with...
1. Eportfolio for self-promotion Digital Arts @ Bronx Community College
2. Audrey Rodriguez Utilized ePortfolio to land two internships. Exit Gallery Barfutura/ Madrid, Spain
7. Yuki Mizugaki Is currently utilizing ePortfolio to land an entry level job
11. Franklin Gomez Is building his ePortfolio with an eye towardseeking an internship
15. Paul Bronzi Is documenting his progress to secure an internship when ready