2. Poverty is not socialism. To be rich is glorious
3. White Cat Black Cat.. Just so long as it catches the Mouse
4. White Cat Black CatJust so long as it catches the mouse
5. Show me the Money
6. Hey Boss, Give Me a Raise Or I walk
7. Pay Raise Day
8. Pay Raise
9. Who works harder? Men or Women??
12. Negotiate a better deal equal work equal pay
15. Wang Zhongjun is loaded and happy to flaunt it. He wears Prada shoes, Versace jackets, and a Piaget watch. He smokes Cohiba cigars from Cuba. He drives a white Mercedes-Benz (DCX ) SL600, a silver BMW Z8, and a red Ferrari (FIA ) 360.
16. A woman walks pass an illuminated billboard ad for French fashion house Chanel in Shanghai.
17. His art collection includes hundreds of sculptures and paintings. Value: $30 million or so. Home sweet home is a 22,000 square-foot mansion north of Beijing with antique British and French furniture, a billiard room with bar, and an indoor pool. When he tires of swimming, Wang can head to his stable (annual upkeep: $500,000) of 60 horses from Ireland, France, and Kentucky.
18. "Entrepreneurs in China today feel much safer than before," says Wang, a 45-year-old movie producer who served in the Chinese army, studied in the U.S., and learned painting before backing internationally acclaimed films such as Kung Fu Hustle. "We are more accepted by the media, government, and society today." That's for sure.
19. Even though Deng Xiaoping declared that getting rich is glorious nearly three decades ago, just a few years back China's millionaires were running scared. When a Forbes Magazine survey of China's richest appeared in 1999, wags called it the "death list" after a tax crackdown targeted many who made the cut and landed some in jail.
20. Now China is embracing them. More than 300,000 Chinese have a net worth over $1 million, excluding property, according to Merrill Lynch & Co. (MER ). And mainland millionaires control some $530 billion in assets, Boston Consulting Group estimates.
21. "There has been a revolution in attitudes toward wealth," says Rupert Hoogewerf, who authored the 1999 list. He now runs Hurun Report, a Shanghai-based company specializing in information about China's rich, which just released a survey on millionaires' buying habits. "People don't appreciate how much cash there is running around in China today," he says.
22. Working Conditions Shared Work Load Child Care Insurance Hukou Five Day Work Week Time of for Maternity Leave State Owned Enterprise Privately Owned Enterprise Foreign Owned Enterprise Entreprenuer