Slides from clicker questions at beginning of presentation about Web 2.0 for the District 5 regional meeting of NCMPR.
- 1. Users and Usesof Web 2.0 in Higher Ed Who is Doing What?
2. Lake Superior College Duluth, Minnesota 3. Famous Quotes #1
- George Washington once said (re: the cherry tree incident):
- "I can't tell a lie, Pa; you know I can't tell a lie. I did cut it with my hatchet.
This is just anicebreaker question. 4. Famous Quotes #2
- I invented the Internet. or I helped invent the Internet.
5. Famous Quotes #3
- George W. Bush once said:
- Too many OB-GYNs arent able to practice their love with women all across this country.
6. Choose the accurate quote.
- All of the above are true
- All of the above are false
7. Which of these do you do?
- File income taxes online (e-file)
- Use online banking services
- Check email on 3 or more diff. acct
- Viewed a students MySpace or FB
- Engage in an online MMORPG
8. Choose each service where youhave an account
- Bloglines of other RSS Reader
9. Which of these communications tools do you use?
- Discussion boards (forums)
- Live broadcast: UStream, etc.
- Skype, or other PC calling
- Twitter, Plurk, or similar
10. Which of these free Google tools do you use?
11. Social Networking? Check all that apply.
12. During the past year, which of these ad venues have you purchased?
- Internet other than above
- Newspaper (print version)
- Radio (AM, FM, satellite)
13. Cell Phone Usage?
- Cell calls, without texting
14. Pull out your cell phones. Send short text message to 41411 Poll Everywhere 15. For Your Consideration
- NOTE: At this point, people with text messaging service used their cell phones to answer the next question with Poll Everywhere
16. Which is the dumbest name for a Web 2.0 service?
33. Compared to previous 2 generations, you agree that the Digital Net Gens are more:
34. Digital Net-Gennials are Tech Savvy
- Theyre MySpace and FaceBook savvy.
- Theyre IM and texting savvy.
- They have very few technology skills that we expect them to use in our schools.
- Is that their problem, or ours?
35. Not the End Lets look at some Web 2.0 services