1. 1 Data and Your LMS Tony Richens, Solutions Architect Totara User Group, July 15
2. 2 What is Data? Data is all around us We live & breath it! Data & Metadata is BIG business Enables decision making We have become the product!
3. 3 What Data Are We Talking About? Users Courses Completion rates Is this data being captured and utilised in any way?
4. 4 KPIs KPIs are measures of success: Return on investment Monitoring performance Value for money Employee engagement Training effectiveness Compliance
5. 5 Typical LMS KPIs How many Users have accessed the site in the last week / month / year? When and how are Users accessing the site? How many Courses are on the site? Which are the most popular & why? Which courses have been the most engaging? Which Course(s) have the highest completion rates & why? And the converse How many Users havent accessed the site in the last month When and how are Users not accessing the site? How many Courses are on the site? Which are the least popular & why? Which courses have not been the most engaging? Which Course(s) have the lowest completion rates & why?
6. 6 GIGO Garbage In = Garbage Out
7. 7 What can you do about your data? Regular house-keeping Remove / delete old user accounts Remove / update content that is out of date Maintain a catalogue with details of what content you have Can be difficult due to large User numbers and / or large learning catalogue Integrations Support Quality Data Single Sign On (SSO) HR Import Data export
8. 8 Reporting Tools Totara Graphical Reports Can be scheduled & emailed Totara Dashboards Provide easily accessible KPIs to those who need it Data warehouse Combine LMS data with other company data Google Analytics A cost effective smorgasbord of User- centric data Tweet us: @kineo, #KineoTUG
9. 9 What does this data do for you? Improved Reporting Know more about the product.. Your Users! Their behaviour Their performance Their likes / dislikes Improved User experience Increase in User uptake Enriched learning experience Engagement More experienced workforce Retention Engagement Retention Uptake Enriched Experience