Presentation made by Frederik Questier from the Vrije Universiteit Brussel on the first Chamilo Users Day that took place in Belgium in 2011.
1. The future of virtual learning environments:Beyond Chamilo 2 Prof. dr. Frederik Questier Vrije Universiteit Brussel Research and Innovation Director Chamilo Association Chamilo User Day, 28/03/2011, Brussels
2. This presentation can be found at http://questier.comhttp://www.slideshare.net/Frederik_Questier
3. Futu r e?
4. No Futu re?
5. My Personal Learning Environment
6. My teaching environment???
7. The best wayto predict the future is to invent it. Alan Kay, 1971 8
9. Does your VLE look like this to the outside world? 10
10. Closed? The few good reasons for closing an LMS, are probably the reasons why the LMS is not dead yet... Copyright exemptions for education Privacy for minors for making mistakes for teachers? 11
11. But all the rest should be open! 12
12. Open Open Source Open Standards Open Courseware (OpenID) Sharing students and teachers between VLEs + Portability Enable instutional collaboration (Open Framework) Sharing apps between VLEs 13
13. These generic repositories in Chamilo 2.0 are nice 14
14. Specialized learning object repositories are nicer!S. Ternier et al., Interoperability for Searching Learning Object Repositories: The ProLearnQuery Language, D-Lib Magazine, 2008, Volume 14 Number 1/2, doi:10.1045/january2008-ceri 15
15. Lets avoid theempty box feeling! 16
16. But content is no longer king! 17
17. What is good learning? Jonassens Model for(constructive) learning environments 18
18. Learning AnalyticsGephi export,learning interactions,R. Carlos, F. Questier 19
19. We all can learn from Learning Analytics! The Learning Analytics Cycle, by Doug Clow, http://dougclow.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/the-learning-analytics-cycle/ 20
20. Mobile learning ! 21
22. Intelligent wizards Hello Professor, Soon your course about Learnometrics starts again. Since last time I found 16 new relevant learning objects created or recommended by your peers. Do you want to review them now? Your Chamilo wizard 23
23. Feedback, rating 24
24. Social bookmarking,tagging, highlighting, annotating, 25
26. Maybe the LMS will be dead when we are all cyborgs... 27
27. till then Chamilos futurewill be a community effort! 28
28. Additional copyright acknowledgements Sorry. Were closed CC-by-nc by Tommaso Galli OPEN, CC-by-nc-sa by Tom Magliery Empty box, CC-by-nc-nd by Mike Bitzenhofer The Learning Analytics Cycle, by Doug Clow http://dougclow.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/the-learning-analytics-cycle/ Screenshota http://www.chamilo.org/ The snowflake effect, CC-by-nc-sa by Erik Duval Cyborg, CC-by-nc-sa by Lainy Voom/LISP Social Network CC-by by Frederik Questier