2. Desert varnish Carnivores Decomposers: In the Desert it is hard for many decomposers to stayThey usually make Rocks go yellow alive because they like moist areas. One of the onlyin the desert. They are a amazing decomposers in Deserts is bacteria because they aretype of bacteria/fungus. They have so small and can live in the air. Some of the other .learned how to live in harse Omnivorescontioners. decomposers in the desert are beetles, earth worms and millipedes Beetle(Coleoptera) Herbivores Producers Millipedes(Diplopoda)Earthworm(Lumbricina) Decomposers
3. Saguaro Cactus- Carnegiea gigantean The Saguaro Cactus can be found in the Sonoran Desert, which includes Arizona and New Mexico. Each year, the Saguaro Cactus produces Carnivores flowers, which occur through obtaining water, which is rare in the dryness of a desert. However, the Saguaro grows very slowly, which allows it to store water. Various birds and mammals often prey on the flowers of the Producers !! cactus. OmnivoresSturt Desert Pea- Swainsona FormosaThe Sturt Desert Pea is found in Australia, especially in the central region.Because water may be scarce, this plant germinates, grows, and seeds veryquickly. Herbivores Ocotillo- Fonquieria splendens The Ocotillo is found in the Sonoran and Chihuahuan deserts, ranging from California to Texas. The Ocotillo also produces flowers annually, based on how much rainfall there is. These seeds Producers are sometimes eaten by White-winged doves, Harris Antelope Squirrels, and Costas Hummingbird. Joshua Tree- Yucca brevifolia The Joshua Tree is found in the Mojave Desert, including Decomposers California, Utah, Arizona, and Nevada. Occasionally, the Joshua Tree will produce flowers, depending on how much rain fall there is that year.
4. Chuckwalla(Sauromalus obesus) The chuckwalla is a large lizard located mostly in the deserts of Carnivores Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and sometimes California and Mexico. Due to the dry climate of deserts, chuckwallas try to find juicy fruits and vegetables to acquire food, including dandelions and watercress. Predators include hawks and snakes. Desert Bighorn Sheep(Ovis Canadensis) Omnivores Desert Bighorn Sheep are commonly found in the same areas as chuckwallas, in the Southwestern U.S. They graze like many otherHerbivores !! goats or sheep, but can also adapt to eating small twigs, leaves, and shoots when food is scarce. Herbivores Gambels Quail(Callipepla gambelii) Gambels Quails are also found in the Southwest of the United States, mostly eating leaves and other greens to obtain moisture in the dry heat. Along with greens, they also eat various seeds and occasionally fruits from cacti. These Producers quails are preyed on by raptors, snakes, foxes, bobcats, and coyotes. Desert Tortoise(Gopherus agassizii) The Desert Tortoise can be found in the Mojave and Sonoran Deserts of Southern Nevada, Southeastern California and into Mexico. Their primary diet includes herbs, grasses, and Decomposers wildflowers. Common predators of the Desert Tortoise are ravens, Gila monsters, kit foxes, badgers, roadrunners, and coyotes.
5. Jerboa(Genus allactaga) Eat insects, found throughout Northern Africa and Asia east to northern China and Carnivores Manchuria.They tend to be found in hot deserts.Rabbit Eared Bandicoot-Macrotis leucuraIts like and KangarooRabbit, predators are foxes. Omnivores Omnivores!! Coatimundi- Nasua narica a mammal in the raccoon family, particularly a solitary male, Herbivores Producers Decomposers
6. Carnivores Carnivores!! Greater Roadrunner (Geococcyx californianus) The greater Road runner lives around the Sousewestern Us and mexico. It eats many types of insects, scorpions etc. OmnivoresRed-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis)The red-Tailed Hawk is a bird of prey. It lives from alaska to the Panamas. Itmainly feeds on Smally mammals, Birds, and Reptiles Herbivores Bobcat(Lynx rufus) The Bobcat lives around southern Canada to mexico. The Bobcat likes rabits and Hares, but when hunger it will eat anything from insects to deers. Producers Coyote(Canis latrans) The Coyote usually eats voles, prairie dogs, eastern cottontails, ground squirrels, and mice. They live around Canada, Mexico and the United States, and three in Central Decomposers America.