- 1. Agenda
2. Our Texas Campus STaR Chart progress toward meeting the goals of the Long-Range Plan for Technology.
- What is the LongRange Plan for technology?
What is it?
The Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology, 2006-2020, is a comprehensive strategic plan divided into four domains:
- Teaching and Learning; 3. Educator Preparation and Development; 4. Leadership, Administration, and Instructional Support; 5. Infrastructure for Technology
Teaching and Learning
Key Area I:
The key idea stated is that we need teacher-education programs which model current technology in instructional and administrative practices and all students need to be engaged within these practices.
Communication among all will be prevalent. Also, teaching should be collaborative and interactive with the use of technology to a diverse population. Collaboration and project-based-learning should be the focus.
Also,the schools should offer extra- curricular and instructional opportunities to students online, such as distant learning.
6. Educator Preparation and Development
Key Area II:
It is essential that educators are given ample amounts of preparation and development in the use of technology and a follow up lesson.
Teachers also must recognize the need for change.
Students must learn by relevancy and meaningful lessons and teachers should be given the tools for this type of learning.
7. Leadership, Administration, and Instructional Support
Key Area III:
First leaders must model the use of technology as well as provide teachers more time to visit classrooms, explore best practices, and learn new curriculum strategies.
Also, administration needs to acquire funds to keep technology learning innovative.
8. Infrastructure for Technology
Key Area IV:
Infrastructure is the critical component to all four of the areas. Without it schools would not be able to keep up with new-age technology.
Infrastructure supports interoperability of the community. It allows access anytime and anywhere with support.
Texas Star Chart
10. Texas Star Chart Juan Seguin Data Analysis
Early Tech 6-8 Developing Tech 9-14Advanced Tech 15-20 Target Tech21-24
11. Conclusion and RecommendationTeaching & Learning
Develop strategies to monitor and document progress of integration of technology into curricula and instruction and to monitor and report student mastery of the Technology Applications TEKS to TEA.
12. Educator Preparation & Development
Utilize innovative strategies for the 24/7 delivery of ongoing professional development through the use of technology, including online and other distance learning and digital content services to meet the diverse and personal learning needs of all educators.
13. Leadership, Administration, & Instructional Support
Budget for, offer, and support expanded curriculum and instructional opportunities to students via online and other distance learning.
14. Infrastructure for Technology
Build community support for anytime, anywhere Internet access through collaborative planning, education, public information and other means. Strive to achieve and maintain a personal computing device ratio of 1:1 for both students and professional educators.