Text of |Selenium Testing Tools| Introduction to Selenium Testing
1. Email: [email protected] Call us: +91 8099776681 Welcome to Selenium TestingWelcome to Selenium Testing
2. www.kerneltraining.com About MEAbout ME Have 6+ Years of Experience in Software Testing and Automation. Tools : Selenium IDE , Selenium Wed Driver , IBM RFT Technology : Java , J2EE ,C# , SQL ,HTML Build Tools : Ant , Maven ,
3. www.kerneltraining.com AgendaAgenda 1. What is Testing ? 2. Types of Applications / Software's 3. Manual Vs Automation Testing 4. Why Automation Testing ? 5. Testing tools in Market 6. Introduction to Selenium 7. More into Selenium 8. Architecture of Selenium 2.0 9. Selenium API. 10. What Next ?
4. www.kerneltraining.com What is Software Testing ?What is Software Testing ? Software testing : S/w testing is the process used to identify the correctness , completeness and the quality of the developed software's . Types Of Software's / Application : Web Applications Mobile Applications Desktop Applications
5. www.kerneltraining.com Manual Vs. Automation TestingManual Vs. Automation Testing Manual Testing is boring No one wants to keep filling the same forms There is nothing new to learn when one tests manually People tend to neglect running manual tests No one maintains a list of the tests required to be run if they are manual tests Automated Tests They are fun and challenging to write One has to carefully think of design for reusability and coverage They require analytical and reasoning skills They represent contribution that is usable in the future
6. www.kerneltraining.com Why Automation Testing ?Why Automation Testing ? Test Automation improves long-term efficiency of software team testing process. Repetitive tests performed by manual tester may results to Human Errors and my consume more time Test Automation Supports : Frequent Regression Testing Virtually unlimited iterations of test case execution Support for Agile and extreme development methodologies Improves product reliability quality by eliminating human errors. Improves test coverage and reduce time for testing
7. www.kerneltraining.com Testing tools in MarketTesting tools in Market Commercial Testing Tools QTP Test Complete IBM RFT Open Source Testing Tools Selenium Waltair
8. www.kerneltraining.com Introduction to Selenium 2.0Introduction to Selenium 2.0 Selenium is a open source automation testing suite for web applications A enhanced solution to cross browser testing. Better features for Ajax testing. Handling multiple frames, multiple browser windows, popups, and alerts. Framework is very easy to build in Web driver.
9. www.kerneltraining.com More into SeleniumMore into Selenium Selenium is not just a single tool but it is a Suite of softwares form which we can choose based on Organisations requirements. Selenium Suite Selenium Rc Selenium Grid Selenium Ide Selenium 2.0
10. www.kerneltraining.com Selenium 2.0 ArchitectureSelenium 2.0 Architecture TestScript1.java TestScript2.java . . . TestScriptN.java Driver Browser Web Application Api to Control Browser
11. www.kerneltraining.com What Next ?What Next ? 1. Selenium IDE Introduction Download & Installation Record & Run Script 2. Java Introduction Data Types Operators and Flow Control String OOPS concepts (Abstraction , Encapsulation ,Inheritance ,Polymorphism ) Java Collections and Eclipse IDE
12. www.kerneltraining.com What Next ?What Next ? Back To Selenium Selenium Web driver API(open page , close page , switch b/w frames etc) Selenium API Finding Elements (byId , byLinkTest , byXpath , byCSS) Basic Operations on Elements Navigating between windows and frames Explicit and Implicit Wait Creating Tests Using Selenium 2.0 Introduction to Junit FrameWork Writing tests in Junit
13. Questions? www.kerneltraining.com
14. Email: [email protected] Call us: +91 8099776681 THANK YOU for attending Lessons of Selenium Testing www.kerneltraining.com