1. Pineapple ProjectAPELEluminate Session12 thNovember Dr Neil Witt University of Plymouthwww.pineappleproject.org.uk
2. The Project
P artnershipIn v e stigations intoA ccreditedP rior/ P reviousLe arning ( PIneAPPLe )
The Pineapple project is funded by JISC under the Lifelong Learning and Workforce Developmentstrand of the Institutional Innovation Programme.
Running from March 2009 - March 2011
3. The Pineapple Team
Dr Neil Witt- Pineapple Project Director
Dr Anne McDermott- Pineapple Project Director
Dr Harriet Dismore- APEL Research Co-ordinator
Robert Stillwell- Technical Developer
Mark Stone- CETL embedding link
Sophie Neville- Project Assistant
4. Project Aim
To bring clarity and apply structure to currentAccreditedPrior Experiential Learning (APEL)work, policies and practice carried out in the University of Plymouth Colleges faculty.
5. University of Plymouth College Faculty
460 HE programmes
reviewexisting APEL resources and identify possible barriers and mechanisms to implement the APEL procedures
develop, implement and evaluatean APEL toolkit/diagnostic for HE in FE staff to explain APEL process and to record/register APEL
use this diagnostic tobuild up casesthat can be referred to as and when needed
disseminationof the above together with appropriatesupportfor HE in FE staff.
7. Progress so far
National / Regional / Local levels
Pilot survey administered to HE in FE programme managers. The main survey is due to be sent out to all HE in FE programme managers in a few weeks.
Consultation with potential users.
Awareness of APEL
- Information available for students
- Cost and time
9. UPC APEL Event
Share survey findings
Discuss mechanisms and barriers
Feedback on Additional issues
10. Process Mapping 11. Process Mapping Version 0
Surveys(pilot complete, to be distributed imminently)
Events with APEL stakeholders Dec, Jan
Input and feedback
12. System Wireframing 13. Interface Design 14. System Aims Allow users (staff) todesign an APEL processsuitable for their situation Let the usercreate a student application(also add additional staff) Leadthe userstep by stepthrough the process andsave progressSystem may be used to send information to students (documents / links via email potential for sms) Output informationin standardised XML format (to be decided) 15. For further information