Red foxes miranda
Embed Size (px)
2. Red FoxesBy Miranda 3. Appearance
- The Red Fox can grow up to one meter.
- Red Foxes have pointy ears.
- Red Foxes have curved claws.
- The Red Fox is in the dog family.
- They are like us mammals.
- The Red Fox can age to twelve years old.
- Red Foxes live in deciduous forests
- They dig a den and live in it.
7. Range of the Red Fox 8. Diet
- The Red Fox is a carnivore.
- They only eat plants if food is scarce.
- Red Foxes hunt up to eight km.
- Red Foxes pounce on their prey.
- They have many predators.
- Red Foxes hide in their den when a predator comes.
- Some of the Red Foxes predators are Lynxes, Bears and dogs.
- But we are also predators of the Red Fox too.
- A litter of Red Foxes are called cubs.
- Male Red Foxes are called dogs.
- Female Red Foxes are called vixen.
- A vixen has eight cubs a year.
- Vixens only have one litter a year.
- Cubs are deaf and blind for ten days .
- Cubs drink from their mother.
- Red Foxes wrap their tails around themselves for warmth.
- Red Foxes can run one km.
- Red Foxes stay away from enemies as soon as spotted.
- Red Foxes have good eyes.
- They also have good ears.
17. Special Facts
- Red Foxes help with crops they kill animals in the crop.
- Red Foxes are good hunters.
- Vixens and dogs both have forty-two teeth .
18. Special Facts
- Red Foxes have carnivore teeth.
- Red Foxes get new enamel every year.
- They also have big tails.
- Red Foxes live in Canada.
21. The End
- This is the end of my presentation of the Red Fox.