1. On Internet Lingo Colleen Donica F. Garcia Bachelor of Elementary Ed. Major in Preschool Education University of Santo Tomas
2. EMAIL Also known as Electronic Mail A system of messaging from one computer to another Requires the use of Internet Can be used to send different types of media Trivia: The most Favourite Email password as of 2009 is 123456.
3. WIKI A Website that collates work of different people, from different countries around the world. Can refer to a software or website. Trivia: Wiki is a term for quick in Hawaiian
4. Social BookMarking A way of saving bookmarked web pages to a specific website. Links can be shared.
5. HTML Also known as Hypertext Mark up Language Markup symbols and codes encoded in a Webpage Trivia: SGML is the Parent of HTML.
6. Podcast Can be in the form of a video, audio, Downloaded from the net through a Website Usually part of a series
7. VoIP Also known as Voice over Internet Protocol A kind of technology that allows telephone calls over known networks Trivia: The first VoIP call was made in 1974, on the ARPANET
8. Online Chat An exchange of messages between two or more people with the use of the Internet. Made-up of typed messages
9. WWW Also known as the World Wide Web A directory of all websites connected to the internet around the world Did you Know ? The Internet Weighs as much as 1 Strawberry
10. Streaming Data Streaming Online files such as video and audio Can be played back without being downloaded
11. Blog A kind of website Written Content would depend on the blog owner
12. Social Networking Expansion of contacts through the net Making connections with individuals through different social networks available
13. URL Also stands for Uniform Source Locator A protocol in the internet for available web addresses
14. WebFeed Also called Rss Feeds A channel that delivers content Very useful for delivering news