NASA eclips are short, educational video segments that can be integrated into standards-based curriculum, highlighting real-world applications of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). This PP was used in an NSTA presentation in Ft. Lauderdale.
- 1. Sharon Bowers National Institute of Aerospace
2. Member Universities Georgia Tech Hampton University North Carolina A&T State University North Carolina State University University of Maryland University of Virginia Virginia Tech The College of William & Mary Old Dominion University 3.
- Tiny url http://tiny.cc/atNhs
4. 21 stCentury Resources How would you describe Millennial Learners? 5. 6.
- Are you a digital native or
7. Anderson & Krathwohl, et al, 2000 Bloom, et al, 1956 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. NASA 360: NASA in Your Home 16. Educator Materials 17. 18. Math Models 19. NASA web site www.nasa.gov/education/nasaeclips 20.
YouTube site Where access to YouTube.com is restricted, trywww.zamzar.comor Firefox download extensions. 21. NASA Portal 22. MY NASA 23. Do It Yourself Podcasts 24. InternetArchives 25. 26. Exploration:Then and Now 27. Navigation:Then and Now 28.
Opportunities for Integration 29. Take the "Cratering the Moon" Challenge one step further with theMoon Math Supplemental Guideactivities.Students will:1) approximate the area and volume of a classroom-made crater,2) calculate and compare the scale of lunar craters to classroom craters, and3) observe how thesize, mass, and angle of impact of a projectile affect the area and volume of a crater. 30. Star Count Scientific protocol to gather and record data about stars 31. SCOOL Scientific protocol to gather and record data from ground observations of clouds 32. 33. 34. 35. Graphical Dictionaries 36.