1. Lets Talk about STEM Dr. Natoshia Anderson Director, STEM Initiatives Georgia Piedmont Technical College
2. What is STEM? STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. STEM education is a foundational component of success for the United States in the 21st century. STEM education is vital to this societys ability to problem-solve, innovate, and be competitive.
3. STEM Education STEM education is more than the acronym. STEM education is an interdisciplinary approach coupled with real-world and problem/project based learning. STEM education breaks down the barriers that exist between the four disciplines and integrates them into one cohesive teaching and learning paradigm.
4. STEM Activity Sink or Float Activity Scientific Method Develop a Hypothesis Test Hypothesis Bowl /cup of water Objects found in purse/table/ book bag
5. STEM Activity Helmet Design Activity Engineering Design Process Brain Storm Complete a Drawing Build Design Test Analyze and Modify Retest Helmet has to stay on the head Helmet has to cover head area
6. STEM Resources GPTC STEM Department Dr. Natoshia Anderson 404.297.9522 ext 1239 firstname.lastname@example.org Live Binder http://www.livebinders.com/play/play/126258 http://www.gk12.org/resources/stem-activities- and-resources-for-k-12-teachers-and-students/