Totara is a distribution of Moodle, the world's most popular learning platform, designed to meet the requirements of corporate learning. This session demonstrates some of Totara's inbuilt social tools including blog, chat, comments, forum, tags, wikis and the integration of web 2.0 services such as Youtube and Flickr. We ARE the web, so lets get social with our learning!
Text of Learnx 2011 - Getting Social with Totara LMS
1. LearnX Asia-Pacific 2011 Getting Social with Totara LMS Presented by Chad Outten www.mylearningspace.com.au
2. Totara overview Corporate distribution of Moodle Informal, blended & social learning Content management Competencies, hierarchies & positions Assessment & compliance Individual learning plans Team management Dashboards Custom reporting
3. PollWhich sites have you used this month?
4. Trends Australia 2010 subscribers 10.4m internet1 4.2m mobile wireless1 8.2m mobile handset internet1 81% 1.5Mbps+1 7h+ social media2
5. Unique users Australia September 2011 Facebook YouTubeWikipediaWordpress LinkedIn Twitter 0 4 8 12 millions 3
6. Why get social?! Popular Engaging Empowering Constructive
8. Food for thoughtTell me & I forget.Show me & I remember.Let me do & I understand. ; ; -Confucius4
9. References1. Australian Bureau of Statistics, 8153.0 - Internet Activity,Australia, December 20102. Nielsen Online, APAC Social Media Report, June 20103. Traffic estimates from Google Double Click Ad Plannertool, July 20114. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Chinese_proverbshttp://totara.mylearningspace.com.auhttp://www.totaralms.comImages sourced under Creative Commons license fromhttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Desktop_icons_2.20