- 1. Inspirational Quotes
Standard of Trust, llc
2. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. "It takes a deep commitment to change and an even deeper commitment to grow."- Ralph Ellison
4. Relationships and trust. This is the bedrock of life.
5. He that would be a leader must also be a bridge.
- Welsh Proverb
6. I have always believed that personal relationships are vital in business and that people should be directly accountable for their actions.
7. People are more easily led than driven.
- David Harold Fink
8. "The purpose of business is to create and keep a customer.
9. Lead and inspire people. Dont try to manage and manipulate people. Inventories can be managed but people must be led.
10. "If you can be interested in other people you can own the world."
11. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you.
12. "To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved."
13. The best example of leadership is leadership by example.
14. Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.
15. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
-John Quincy Adams
16. Trust, but verify.
17. Leadership: The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
18. To state the facts frankly is not to despair the future nor indict the past. The prudent heir takes careful inventory of his legacies and gives a faithful accounting to those whom he owes an obligation of trust.
-John F. Kennedy
19. Leadership is action, not position.
-Donald H. McGannon
20. He who does not trust enough, Will not be trusted.
21. I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi
22. The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
23. The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.
24. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
25. Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.
-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
26. Commitment means that it is possible for a man to yield the nerve centre of his consent to a purpose or cause, a movement or an ideal, which may be more important to him than whether he lives or dies.
27. Almost any difficulty will move in the face of honesty. When I am honest I never feel stupid. And when I am honest I am automatically humble.
28. It does not matter what party you are a member of in this great Nation of ours. Accountability and competence are characteristics that Americans value throughout our great land.
29. Tis not enough to help the feeble up, but to support them after.
30. If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die.
31. As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.
32. The price of greatness is responsibility.
33. The chief lesson I have learned in a long life is that the only way you can make a man trustworthy is to trust him; and the surest way to make him untrustworthy is to distrust him.
-Henry L. Stimson
34. A relationship requires a lot of work and commitment.
35. Restoring responsibility and accountability is essential to the economic and fiscal health of our nation.
36. Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all.
37. Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward!
-Thomas A. Edison
38. Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
39. Getting in touch with your true self must be your first priority.
40. Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship. The act that endows resources with a new capacity to create wealth.
41. High expectations are the key to everything.
42. A slender acquaintance with the world must convince every man that actions, not words, are the true criterion of the attachment of friends.
43. A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.
-Harry S. Truman
44. Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
45. I've always thought that people need to feel good about themselves and I see my role as offering support to them, to provide some light along the way.
46. I don't think about financial success as the measurement of my success.
47. A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
48. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
-George Edward Woodberry
49. It is probably not love that makes the world go around, but rather those mutually supportive alliances through which partners recognize their dependence on each other for the achievement of shared and private goals.
50. Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
51. Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself.
-Henry Ward Beecher
52. If you want a quality, act as if you already had it.
53. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
54. Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.
-William Arthur Ward
55. Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.
56. A life lived with integrity - even if it lacks the trappings of fame and fortune is a shinning star in whose light others may follow in the years to come.
57. Rules are not necessarily sacred, principles are.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
58. All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.
59. Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
60. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
61. If you consistently keep your commitments to others, success must follow.
62. It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.
63. A promise must never be broken.
64. Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
65. To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
66. Assumptions are the termites of relationships.
67. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
68. The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
69. An organization's ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.
70. Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.
71. To me, if life boils down to one thing, it's movement. To live is to keep moving.
72. One's only rival is one's own potentialities. One's only failure is failing to live up to one's own possibilities. In this sense, every man can be a king, and must therefore be treated like a king.
73. If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
-Henry A. Kissinger
74. Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
75. If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.
76. A coach's greatest asset is his sense of responsibility - the reliance placed on him by his players.
77. As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
78. The propensity to truck, barter and exchange one thing for another is common to all men, and to be found in no other race of animals.
79. A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon this world.
80. It is our choices... that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
-J. K. Rowling
81. Accept the fact that we have to treat almost anybody as a volunteer.
82. I'll tell you one thing: Don't ever give anybody your best advice, because they're not going to follow it.
83. Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
-Henry David Thoreau
84. Cowards die many times before their actual dea