How to engage with your audience sian hughes
Embed Size (px)
- 1. How to engage with your audience Sian Hughes -email@example.com Thurs 26 th May
- 2. The Hook Start with impact
- 3. The Promise (INTRO)
- N eed why do your audience need to listen to you?
- R ange outline key themes
- O bjective By the end of this presentation, you will.
- 4. End with a bang not a whimper!
- Provide a direction for your audience.what should they do next?
- A statement summing up your key message
- A visual or verbal link back to the opening
- Thank you for your attention, any questions?
- 5. 4 things to remember about your audience
- You have the knowledge the audience want
- The audience dont know youre afraid
- The audience can be treated as an individual
- 6. Difficult Participants The Whisperer
- Dont understand whats going on
- Sharing anecdotes triggered by your presentation
- Bored, mischievious or critical (rare)
- Stop talking, wait and non verbally ask for permission to continue
- 7. Difficult Participants The Heckler
- Find merit and agree on something, then move on
- Wait for a mis-statement of fact and throw it out to the group for correction
- 8. Difficult Participants The Talker/Know All
- Well informed and keen to show it
- Slow down with a tough question
- Jump in and ask for the group to comment
- Wait for a pause, thank and move on
- 9. Any questions?