- Extracurricular Activities at Higher School of Economics
Extracurricular Activities at Higher School of Economics
These slides describe the way student extracurricular activities are managed at State University - Higher School of Economics.
- 1. Extracurricular students activities support in State University Higher School of Economics Tatiana Zakharova Vice-rector proxy on student extracurricular activites management
- 2. What is it all about?
- 3. Why do we do it? Extracurricular students activities are very important due to the following: 1. Students are an unexludable and fully legitimate part of out universitys community. They deserve no less attention than anyone else in the university. 2. Students achieve practical experience while participating in activities that are interesting to them. 3. Students are engaged in useful and challenging activities instead of drug and alcohol abuse (which is a big risk in Russia) or falling prey to religious or political sects.
- 4. Who is involved?
- 5. Work of Department for students extracurricular activities management
- 6. 1. Support for students initiatives
- 7. Support for students initiatives
- 8. Sources of initiatives The initiatives may come from: - the students, or - the Department itself.
- 9. Performers of initiatives Our department supports the initiatives that students exhibit. There are initiatives coming from the department, that are put into being by students hands.
- 10. Extracurricular work is always a partnership.
- 11. Charity actions and projects aimed at social awareness
- 12. Donorship initiative
- 13. Mi Vmeste camp
- 14. Clown doctor project
- 15. Student self-administration support There are 18 facultees in HSE. Many of them have their own student councils. The councils primary tasks are to: - protect the students rights; - improve the dialogue between the students and the facultees administrations; - develop and nourish the facultees and universitys corporate culture and traditions. Our Department supports student councils in all aspects at all times.
- 16. Student organizations support There are more than 30 student organizations in HSE. Our department supports the projects that they nurture. A special annual award has been set up to promote the best projects The Cast Iron Egg
- 17. Areas of student organizations' efforts
- 18. Student media support !"# $%& 1. Vorona magazine (Vorona is crow in Russian, '&0 9): : the mascot of HSE) "#4$#!(' -"# /& *! '2 ($) %#* -+ ,)# %&* '09 )% .%/,-#'( .-# ! 0%1 '! 0 +1&2 %: 5 5 !"# % " ? , "%+ )-3 * # $ "4& 6 )-) $"# - 5-4 %" "#$ -2! #,! #)- ' # *! # )" 1 &'( %- " (' 23" 7 ' .%/ # / 8 $%& 2. Newspaper Vyshka )*+: !"# 4% #: /0 + )* + . ")* - '(& 6! ) 4-7!#&- "!, %& *8. (Vyshka is the nick name of #$ ,"9 ! " =" Vysshaya Shkola Economiki) 58> 1