Embed Size (px)
C O N F I R M A T I O N
Kinds of letter:
ConfirmationConfirmation is the letter that responds is the letter that responds to the requests. It confirms whether to the requests. It confirms whether the help is provided or the informationthe help is provided or the information is available or not.is available or not.
Task 1:Task 1:
Work in pairs: Read the two letters in your book and find the requests in Nga’s letter and the confirmation in Hoa’s.
• Nga’s Requests: Can you go shopping with me to buy the things we need for the trip.
• Hoa’s Confirmation: Certainly, I will help you to prepare everything you need for the trip.
Now read Hoa’s letter again and find out the following points:• Greeting:• Showing interest:• Confirming the request:
• Confirming the time:
• Closing:• Signature:
Dear Nga, I’m glad to hear that...
Certainly, I will help you to prepare everything you need...I’ll be waiting for you at 2:30 p.m. tomorrowLove,
Structures of a confirmation letter:• Greeting• Expressing interests• Confirming the request • Confirming the time/place• Closing• Signature
Rearrange the following sentences to make a completed letter:
1. Nam2. Dear Vinh,3. I am sure we will have great time.4. Yours,5. I will certainly come.6. Thank you very much for inviting me to
your birthday party.7. I am looking forward to meeting you
Task 2: • Read the situations and write a
confirmation letter responding to each of them.
1. Lan is going to have a birthday party at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday. She asks you to buy her two bunches of bananas, three kilos of oranges, ten mangoes, and bring them to her house an hour before the party. You agree to help her.
2. Minh wants to borrow a book about wildlife. He is coming for the book at 9:00 a.m. this Saturday. You accept his request but suggest a later time.
Suggested answers:Letter 1:
Dear Lan,I’m very happy to come to your birthday party on Saturday. Luckily, I don’t have to go to school on that day; so I will help you to buy bananas, oranges and mangoes. Surely, I will bring them to your house at 7:00 p.m on Saturday.See you later,Trang
• Letter 2:Dear Minh,I’m willing to lend you the book about wildlife. You can get it as long as you need. However, I’m going to visit my grandmother on Saturday morning so can you come in the afternoon? I’ll wait for you. See you then . Hung