1. Dubai British School Jumeirah Park www.dubabritishschooljp.ae Dubai British School Jumeirah Park FAQS FAQs Which classes will DBSJP offer? When will DBSJP open? How many students per classroom? What are the school days and timings? What is the length of the school year? Will transportation be provided? How would the parking and drop-off/pick up work? Where is the school located? What about Extra-curricular Activities (ECAs)? Will DBSJP cater for exceptional children? Will the children wear uniforms? Will DBSJP have dining facilities? Age Cut-off Date? Can we join the school during a running school year? Will DBSJP offer after-school care? What is the level of qualifications the teachers are required to have accomplished?? Does the school provide English as a second language? What languages will you offer? Will there be a clinic? Where do the teachers come from?
2. Dubai British School Jumeirah Park www.dubabritishschooljp.ae Which classes will DBSJP offer? We will offer classes 1 to 6 (years 1 to 6) in our opening year 2015, with provision for older years from 2016 onwards. When will DBSJP open? The scheduled opening is September 2015. Disclaimer: the s hool s opening and operations are subject to the completion of the building and final approval from KHDA. How many students per classroom? At DBSJP our class size is 25 students per class. What are the school days and timings? School days in the United Arab Emirates run from Sundays to Thursdays. Our school day timings for Year 1 to Year 6 will be 8am to 2.30pm Sunday to Wednesday and 8am to 1.15pm on Thursday. Our administration offices will be open Sundays to Thursdays, 8am to 4pm. What is the length of the school year? The school year starts in late August/early September and ends at the end of June. Will transportation be provided? DBSJP will provide transportation by an external provider, at an additional charge to parents. How would the parking and drop-off/pick up work? As per RTA regulations, all parking, drop-off and pick up will take place inside the school premises. Where is the school located? DBSJP is ideally located in Du ai s Jumeirah Park residential development, behind the Jumeirah Park Pavilion and in close proximity to Dubai British Foundation. Click here for the location map.
3. Dubai British School Jumeirah Park www.dubabritishschooljp.ae What about Extra-curricular Activities (ECAs)? Our students will have access to a broad range of activities from sports to academic interests and a variety of clubs and community initiatives. Will DBSJP cater for exceptional children? Yes, we will provide for gifted children and those requiring learning support. Will the children wear uniforms? Yes, DBSJP will have a uniform policy. Further details will be available soon. Will DBSJP have dining facilities? DBSJP will feature dining facilities where students can purchase healthy food and beverage options. Alternatively, DBSJP students may bring their own lunchboxes. Fizzy drinks or foods containing nuts will not be allowed. Age Cut-off Date? Age on 1st September Year Group Stage 3 FS 1 Earl Years (offered at Dubai British Foundation4 FS 2 5 Year 1 Key Stage 16 Year 2 7 Year 3 Key Stage 2 8 Year 4 9 Year 5 10 Year 6 11 Year 7 Key Stage 3 12 Year 8 13 Year 9 14 Year 10 Key Stage 415 Year 11 16 Year 12 Sixth Form17 Year 13
4. Dubai British School Jumeirah Park www.dubabritishschooljp.ae Can we join the school during a running school year? Subject to KHDA regulations and guidelines, we are able to admit students throughout the year if places are available. We will however only be able to offer places that start within the dates listed below: Moving from outside Dubai from an English curriculum or from a curriculum that has no equivalent curriculum school in Dubai: 1st September to 5th May. Moving from within Dubai from a curriculum other than The National Curriculum/an English curriculum: 1st September to 15th November. KG/FS to Grade 5/Year 6 students can join throughout the whole year; Grade 6/Year 7 to Grade 9/ Year 9 students can join up to 15th December and students in Grade 10/Year 10 and higher can join up until 15th November as per KHDA guidelines. Moving within Dubai from a different or similar curriculum: 1st September to end of the academic year for all pupils. Any exceptional circumstances will be referred to the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). Will DBSJP offer after-school care? Not in the traditional sense but we will be offering Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA) led by our teaching staff at no additional cost. ECA s offered by an external provider will be at an additional cost. What is the level of qualifications the teachers are required to have accomplished. Every teacher at DBSJP will have an internationally recognised teaching qualification, with a minimum of at least two years qualified teaching experience. All teachers need to be approved by the KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority). They are required to have completed 12 years of Primary and Secondary education and they must hold a degree (B.Ed.) or Degree and Teaching Certificate or equivalent (e.g. BA / BSc. + PGCE). Does the school provide English as a second language? DBSJP will offer English Language Learner (ELL) support where necessary and will be provided by the ELL support staff. What languages will you offer? English will be the language of instruction. It is planned that all students will have the opportunity to study different modern foreign languages including Arabic.
5. Dubai British School Jumeirah Park www.dubabritishschooljp.ae Will there be a clinic? DBF will provide a Health Centre with a full-time nurse and a visiting doctor. Parents are required to complete a Student Medical Form prior to admission that they will need to update annually to ensure that DBF can provide the appropriate medical support as and when required. Where do the teachers come from? The majority of our teachers will be British. We hire teachers internationally to find the best practitioners from around the globe. All our teachers will be highly trained and qualified and will have all the requirements as per KHDA guidelines. Administrative staff will be international and hired locally and internationally. -- www.dubaibritishschooljp.ae