Don’t Feel may be modeled by parents who themselves bottle up their feelings. Sometimes, there is an embargo on any show of feeling in the family.
Text of Dont feel injunction
1. Dont Feel Injunction
2. Prepared By Manu Melwin Joy Research Scholar School of Management Studies CUSAT, Kerala, India. Phone 9744551114 Mail email@example.com Kindly restrict the use of slides for personal purpose. Please seek permission to reproduce the same in public forms and presentations.
3. Dont Feel Dont Feel may be modeled by parents who themselves bottle up their feelings. Sometimes, there is an embargo on any show of feeling in the family.
4. Dont Feel More often, particular feelings are prohibited while others are allowed. Thus the Dont feel injunction may be interpreted as Dont feel anger, Dont feel fear and so on.
5. Dont Feel Sometimes the message is read as experience the feeling but dont show it. Other children receive more extreme version which enjoins them not even to experience a particular emotion.
6. Dont Feel Little boys, for instance are often instructed time and time again by their fathers: Big boys dont cry or Be a brave soldier. These mottoes translate to Dont experience sadness and Dont experience fear.
7. Dont Feel In some families, the Dont feel message implies Dont experience physical sensations. This injunction is often given in early infancy, if given powerfully, it can be the source of some severe problems in adulthood.
8. Dont Feel For instance, a child enjoined against feeling hunger may later develop an eating disorder. In the opinion of some TA therapist, the Dont feel sensations message lies at the root of certain kind of psychosis.
9. Dont Feel Some parents covey a version that goes : Dont feel what you feel, feel what I feel. Mother say to young son: I am hungry. What do you want to eat? or I am cold, go put on your sweater.
10. Thank You
11. Other TA topics available on slideshare 1. Strokes - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/strokes-24081607. 2. Games People Play - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/psychological-games- people-play. 3. Structural Analysis - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/the-ego-state-model. 4. What is TA? - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/what-ta-is 5. Cycles of Development - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/cycles-of-developement- pamela-levin-transactional-analysis. 6. Stages of Cure - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/stages-of-cure. 7. Transactions - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/transactions-33677298. 8. Time Structuring - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/time-structuring. 9. Life Position - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/life-position. 10. Autonomy - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/autonomy-33690557. 11. Structural Pathology - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/structural-pathology. 12. Game Analysis - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/game-analysis-33725636. 13. Integrated Adult - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/integrated-adult. 14. Stroke Economy - http://www.slideshare.net/manumjoy/stroke-economy- 33826702.