1. Depression: Let's talk. World Health Day - 2017 Special Presentation by Asst. Prof. Y N Mhaske Sandip University, Nashik ..2
2. What is Depression Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act.
3. Lack of self image Poor Personality traits Introvert Nature Fearfulness Genetics Socially unacceptance Serious illnesses Guilty conscious What Are the Main Causes of Depression?
4. Withdrawal from socializing Loss of interest in previously enjoyed hobbies Constant irritability or sadness Constant pessimism Feelings of inadequacy and self-loathing erratic sleep habits, loss of appetite (or increased appetite with atypical depression), constant fatigue, muscle aches, headaches, and back pain. Emotional symptoms Physical symptoms Symptoms of Depression
5. Poor coping skills Pain especially headaches and stomach pain Sexual dysfunction Attempts to self-medicate with drugs or alcohol Anxiety Decreased immune system functioning Family and marital problems Rejection at school or work Social isolation Self-mutilation Suicide Premature death in medical conditions Ill Effects of Depression
6. 1. Consider why you might feel depressed. 2. Move your body. 3. Never skip a meal. 4. Eat a serotonin-enhancing diet. 5. Avoid caffeine, which reduces serotonin levels. 6. Expose yourself to sunlight, which can boost mood and increase Vitamin D levels. 7. Meditate or try guided imagery. 8. Get your hormones balanced. 9.Make efforts to bolster your mental health by being more authentic in all aspects of your life. 10. Talk it out. Fight ..against Depression
7. 91-22-27546669 Aasara Helpline http://www.aasra.info/ 1860-266-2345 / 1800-233-3330 Vandrevala Foundation 7893078930 http://1life.org.in/ (080) 25285555 Sampurna Montfort College Helplines .