1. APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) October 11, 2010
Benefits of Membership
APICS CPIM Program
APICS CPIM Preparation Options
APICS CPIM Self-Study Resources
Benefits to Employees and Corporate
Question and Answer
3. APICS Mission
APICS builds knowledge and skills in operations management professionals to enhance and validate abilities and accelerate careers.
APICS helps its members and their organizations to successfully compete and to build a stronger global economy.
4. About APICS The Association for Operations Management APICS The Association for Operations Management is the global leader and premier source of the body of knowledge in operations management, serving nearly 40,000 members globally. APICS education and certification programs are recognized worldwide as the standard of professional competence in production and inventory management, operations management, and supply chain management. Join APICS to access local APICS chapters, networking opportunities, exclusive research reports and publications, and educational programs and products that create avenues for increased professional development and career growth and help you meet the fast-changing demands of the workplace. Join now at apics.org/join.
5. Value of APICS Certification
APICS world renowned certification programs APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) provide operations management professionals with relevant, essential education that equips them for todays fast-changing market place.
Leadership: expertise that leads to greater confidence, recognition, and professional success
Recognition: awareness of your credential which is a first step toward greater job satisfaction and career enhancement
Knowledge: understand of how to positively affect bottom-line profitability
For more information about APICS certification, visit the Certification section of apics.org/certification or call an APICS Customer Support associate at
(800) 444-2742 or (773) 867-1777
6. Benefits of APICS Membership
The APICS membership community of over 240 local chapters and 50 International representatives support nearly 40,000 members in 20,000 manufacturing and service industry companies worldwide. By joining APICS, professionals keep up to date on industry best practices, new technologies, and proven techniques.
APICS Magazine : features innovative ideas and real-world strategies on operations management and supply chain
APICS Dictionary : the standard terms and definitions used in operations management field
The APICS Operations Management Body of Knowledge (OMBOK) Framework: defining the scope of the operations management field
Membership in your local chapter or APICS International Associate where available: an invaluable connection to other professionals in your area
APICS Learning Communities: an online forum where members can share ideas, develop best practices, and find solutions to everyday challenges in operations management
APICS Career Center : the online career destination for operations management professionals
Member savings on courseware and certification exams
7. APICS Locations
8. Partial Client List
Becton, Dickinson & Company
Johnson & Johnson
United States Army
9. APICS CPIM
The APICS CPIM program takes an in-depth look at the production and inventory activities within the internal operations of a company
The APICS CPIM program is divided into five process-oriented topic areas to provide participants with the best possible educational assessment and knowledge base.
It focuses primarily on manufacturing and provides an in-depth view of materials management, master scheduling, production planning, forecasting, and quality improvement within the confines of the operation
To earn the APICS CPIM designation, operations management professionals must successfully complete five exams
Obtaining an APICS certification shows a commitment to the profession that leads to a sense of accomplishment, demonstrates value to the employer, enhances earning potential, and provides a path to career advancement
Since 1973, nearly 90,000 professionals worldwide have earned the APICS CPIM designation
10. Value of the APICS CPIM designation
Professionals interested in expanding knowledge of production and inventory management concepts can benefit from the APICS CPIM program
APICS CPIM education is appropriate for individuals working in:
Production and inventory management
Supply chain management
Finance and cost accounting
Manufacturing information systems
11. APICS CPIM Modules
The APICS CPIM has been organized into five modules. Below is the diagram that shows how these modules relate to each other and how they will help you to manage your business resources.
12. APICS CPIM Modules
13. What people are saying With the help of the APICS professional network and certification programs, I have been able to achieve my goals and have found happiness in my careerwhich I previously thought was unachievable. Bill Annis, CPIM, CSCP, Forecast Manager, Avaya, Inc. The APICS body of knowledge helped empower our employees to make strategic decisions that support the companys overall success, increasing on-time delivery by nearly 50 percent. Kristie Huntress, Global Business Process Manager, Dow Corning
14. APICS CPIM Preparation Options
Personalize your APICS CPIM curriculum. Match these methods to your individual learning style
APICS CPIM Review Courses: Take advantage of review classes in your local area and learn valuable techniques to become a leader in your field. Experienced instructors will lead you through interactive discussions, case studies, and strategic problem-solving exercises to help you prepare for your next certification exam.
Online CPIM Review Courses: Prepare for exams from the convenience of your home in an instructor-led or independent study online format. If a demanding schedule makes moving forward with your APICS CPIM a challenge, online APICS CPIM review courses may be the perfect solution. The program can be offered in a self-directed or instructor-led format at your facility
APICS Public Workshops: Accelerated APICS CPIM review workshops are offeredas required by your local education providers as Public or in-house courses.During the three to five-day class, an instructor leads you through interactive discussions about the material to help you prepare for the APICS CPIM exam.