City University of New York. New York\'s Finest Education. Now in Singapore
Text of Aventis Baruch
1. The City University of New York Aventis School of Management | Baruch College Hallmark of Academic Excellence in Management Education
2. The City University of New York
Founded in 1847 rich heritage of 160 years of proud tradition in academic excellence
Americas largest urban public university with over 400,000 students
Comprises 23 institutions: 11 senior colleges, 6 community colleges and 7 honors colleges & professional schools
Research & Knowledge - CUNY is one of Americas Largest Research Institutions with over 100 research centre and consortia
12 Nobel Laureates (10 scientists & 2 economists) one of the highest number from any public university in the United States
More Top U.S. corporate executives earned their degrees at CUNY than at any other university in the US ( Standard & Poor's )
The City University of New York
4. The City University of New York Bernard M Baruch Top Financier and economic advisor to 4 US Presidents Nelson Mandela 11th President of South Africa Ralph Lauren Chairman and CEO of Polo Ralph Lauren Gen Colin Powell 65th US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger Nobel Peace Prize winner and former US Secretary of State International alumni of more than 1,000,000
5. Bernard M. Baruch Lone Wolf of Wall Street
Son of a German immigrant who migrated to New York in 1870. After graduation, he started his career as a runner in Wall Street and amassed his fortune by the age of 30
Presidential Adviser to four US Presidents - Woodrow Wilson and Franklin D. Roosevelt
Coined the term Cold War in reference to the conflict between US and Soviet Union in 1947
Named TIME magazine Man of the Year a total of three times in his life.
Baruch College, CUNY
During my eighty-seven years, I have witnessed a whole succession of technological
revolutions. But none of them has done away with the need for character in the
individual or the ability to think.
I could not forget my fathers look the day I proudly informed him I was worth a million dollars. The kindly, quizzical expression told me, more clearly than words, that in his opinion, money making was a secondary matter Of what use to a man are millions of dollars unless he does something worthwhile with them The art of living lies not in eliminating but in growing with troubles. Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why. Baruch College, CUNY
7. The Baruch Education A life changing Experience Education is not a destination but a lifelong journey of self discovery. When you choose Baruch, you choose not only to receive a remarkable education but a life-changing one. The spirit behind the Baruch education has nourishes the mind of many great leaders and will continue to shape the minds of future leaders. Baruch education cultivates a deep sense of purpose that will serve you faithfully through your life time. I urge you to draw on this reservoir of wealth and in doing so, achieve personal fulfillment and professional success. Professor John Elliot PhD , Cornell University Dean ,Baruch College, CUNY
8. The City University of New York International alumni of more than 1,000,000 Ben Cohen Co-Founder of Ben & Jerry Ice Cream Featured as one of 25 of the Greatest Self-Made Men in American History Social activism As Ben & Jerry's gradually grew into one of the largest ice cream companies in the world, Cohen turned his newfound wealth and prominence toward a variety of social causes, through the Ben & Jerry's Foundation which receives 7.5% of all Ben & Jerry's pre-tax profits and distributes funds to social groups. Ben currently sits on the boards of various organizations, and is an active founding member of Businesses for Social Responsibility, an organization that works to promote socially responsible business practices. Famous Quote Business has a responsibility to give back to the community from which it draws its support.
9. The City University of New York Andy Grove Former President and CEO of INTEL CORP CEO magazine's CEO of the Year (1997) | Times MAN OF THE YEAR (1997) In 2006, Andy contributed US$26,000,000 to CUNY Endowment Fund which has raised over US$1,000,000,000 since 2004 Famous Quote I'm often credited with the motto, " Only the paranoid survive ." I have no idea when I first said this, but the fact remains that, when it comes to business, I believe in the value of paranoia. Business success contains the seeds of its own destruction. The more successful you are, the more people want a chunk of your business and then another chunk and then another until there is nothing left. I believe that the prime responsibility of a manager is to guard constantly against other people's attacks and to inculcate this guardian attitude in the people under his or her management. International alumni of more than 1,000,000
10. The City University of New York Michael Roth Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Interpublic Group Board of Director , Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy (CECP) A Global Marketing & Communications Agency with a annual turnover of US$7 billion and over 40,000 employee worldwide. Corporate Philanthropy Giving back, when conceived and executed thoughtfully, creates a win-win scenario for business and the public. From eradicating disease and improving childhood literacy rates to boosting employee job skills, opening new markets, and heightening brand recognition - business and society both stand to benefit greatly - CECP International alumni of more than 1,000,000
11. The City University of New York Professor Larry Zicklin Former CEO of Neuberger Berman Inc which was sold in 2006 for U$2.63billion The Carol and Lawrence Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research@Wharton Clinical Professor of Business Ethics atStern, NYU In 1997, Larry contributed US$20,000,000 to established Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College. Famous Quote I had put aside money all the years I was working because I knew I wanted to make a gift to an educational institution,'' ''I was indebted to City University. No Baruch, no Zicklin, I always say. Everything became possible because of Baruch.'' International alumni of more than 1,000,000
12. International Accreditation
Baruch College, CUNY is also Americas largest AACSB (Association to Advance
Collegiate School of Business) accredited business school.
AACSB is the most prestigious international body for the accreditation of management education and represent the highest standard of achievement for business schools. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous & comprehensive peer review.
Baruch College, CUNY is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the
For candidates with degrees from US universities, they can be considered for
appointment in the Civil Service as long as the University is accredited by one of
The following US accrediting associations in USA:
1. Middle State Association of colleges and Schools 2. New England Association of Schools and Colleges 3. North Central Association of Schools and Colleges 4. Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges 5. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools 6. Western Association of Schools and Colleges
14. Awards & Accolades
Baruch College is ranked 21 st for part time MBA program America
Baruch is one of the Nation's best value institutions - Princeton Review's America's Best Value Colleges (2008)
Baruch ranks among the top 35 universities in the Northeast of USA.
Baruch College is ranked amongst the Top 20 non-residential colleges in the USA.
Baruch Executive MSc Finance is ranked Best Finance Program in Singapore for 5 consecutive years (www.edupoll.org)
15. World Class Faculty
The full-time teaching faculty of 6,100 includes world-renowned experts in virtually every field of human endeavor. Baruchs faculty are among the most distinguished, combining outstanding academic credentials with significant real-world experience.