Assignment 2: Explanation of Image Editing

  • Published on
    20-Mar-2017

  • View
    19

  • Download
    0

Transcript

  • General edits:

    All pictures taken were of the highest quality JPG my camera could capture, which was well above what was necessary for a slide presentation or for use on the web. The first edit I applied to all images was to resize to a maximum width/length of 600px, and to Save for Web and Devices at 72 ppi.

    1. This image was used for my title slide. I applied auto adjustments to tone, and then increased the saturation

    to make the colours more vibrant. I also increased the brightness to make the text on this title slide more legible.

    2. This image was cropped to focus in on the relevant details and provide better balance to the composition. Auto adjustments were made to tone, contrast, and colour. I also used the clone tool to remove the shadow.

    3. This image was cropped to eliminate shadows and unnecessary clutter in the shot, and provide better balance to the composition. Auto adjustments were made to tone, contrast, and colour.

  • 4. The next two images were screen captures of a Google search. I cropped the images to eliminate unnecessary

    information and provide a more focused look at some the results from the search, but I still wanted it to look similar to what another person performing this search could see.

    5. The next image was also a screen capture of a Google search, but I also wanted to capture the menu action

    from my right-clicking to Save Image As so that the learner could follow the directions. I cropped the image but left a portion of the grey background on each side to help show the image in context on Google Image Search.

  • 6. This was a screen capture from the same part of the Google search, but without the menu bar displayed. This image I cropped completely to only show the sprite image file as the learner was instructed to download. I also edited the picture by flipping it horizontally, which was another direction to the learner.

    7. This image was cropped to centre the relevant elements. Auto adjustments were made to tone, contrast, and colour. It was difficult to improve the appearance of the image on the backlit smartphone, but as a reference item I believe it was adequate and helped to communicate how the phones screen was used as a live reference.

    8. The next three images were cropped to centre the action of my hand placing the bead, while still showing the reference image on the smartphone, and a bit of background elements (tray of pixel beads) to provide some context to the workspace and a welcome bit of added colour. Auto adjustments were made to tone, contrast, and colour.

  • 9. This image was cropped to centre the relevant element of the pegboard and completed bead sprite. Auto

    adjustments were made to tone, contrast, and colour.

  • 10. This image was cropped to show the most relevant part, the taped bead sprite, while also including the tape roll in a way that offered some balance to the composition. Auto adjustments were made to tone, contrast, and colour.

    11. The next three images were composed in a similar way to enlarge and show the detailed texture of the beads and puncture holes in the tape. Some slight cropping was done in which edges of the pegboard were cropped out to focus on this necessary detail. Auto adjustments were made to tone, contrast, and colour.

  • 12. This photo was cropped to remove unnecessary parts of the photo. I also used the clone and smudging tools to remove the crack in the table which was a bit distracting. I also increased the brightness and contrast.

    13. I applied some slight cropping to get the next four images looking how I wanted. The warm background of the

    cutting board made the tone, colour, and contrast adjustment less necessary than it had been on the black table background, and I wanted the images to match the set. Instead I just applied some slight brightening.

  • 14. This image was cropped to give the impression of a full sheet of parchment paper being draped over the sprite. I also applied a slight increase to the brightness and contrast to match the appearance of other images in the set.

    15. This image was cropped for improved composition/balance, and auto adjustments were made to tone, contrast, and colour.

    16. The next two images didnt need cropping. Auto adjustments were made to tone, contrast, and colour, and I increased the brightness and saturation to better match previous images.

  • 17. This image was cropped, again to take off the ragged corner of parchment paper. I also increased contrast and brightness.

    18. The next three images were cropped to zoom and show detail, and I also increased brightness and contrast.

  • 19. This image was not altered much, but I applied Auto adjustments to tone, contrast, and colour. I did not crop it closer because I wanted to show the magnet in context on a fridge to provide some scale. It also did not make sense to me to have two close-ups of the sprite next to each other.