- We teach people they way we were taught.
- Should the students learn the same way their teachers did?
5. 20 thCentury Education Model http://www.21stcenturyskills.org 6. 21 stCentury Learning http://www.21stcenturyskills.org 7. Wheres the Conflict? 21 stCentury Learner Traditional Teacher vs. Traditional Learner Modern Learner 8. Old Learner vs. New Learner Text Content Passive Formal Techno-Phobic Visual Content Hands-On Personal Techno-Savvy 9. Old Learner vs. New Learner Independent Competitive Sequential Interactive Collaborative Non-Linear 10. Knowing the 21 stCentury Learner Infotective - whys and hows - various information sources - purposeful information 11. Knowing the 21 stCentury Learner 12. Knowing the 21 stCentury Learner issue oftechnology dependence 13. Knowing the 21 stCentury Learner Treat technologyas an advantage 14. Enhancement to
15. 20 thCentury Learner Perspective 16. 21 stCentury Learner Perspective Integrated Technologies 17. harness the potential of technology tolocalize ,tap rich media,visualize information 18. How do we IMPROVE?
- Be aware of how students learn
- Understand the subject matter
- Deliver so that you can be understood
19. As Educators O bserveU nderstand Teach Be OUT-standing