1. A. Salazar Elementary STaR chart EDLD 5352 EA1204 Presenter: Maria Sepulveda
2. Agenda Information on the Texas STaR chart Key Factors of the STaR Chart A. Salazar STaR Chart Conclusion
3. What is STaR? Acronym for S-school T-technology a-and R readiness Assessment tool developed for the Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology. Online resource at TEA: Texas STaR Chart
4. Why is STaR important? Designed to help teachers, campuses, and districts to verify they are reaching the goals of the Long-Range Plan for Technology. Measures the impact of government efforts that students improve their learning through the use of technology.
5. Key Factors Teaching and Learning Educator Preparation and Development Leadership Administration and Instructional Support Infrastructure for Technology
6. Levels of Progress Early Tech 1 (6-8) Developing Tech 2 (9-14) Advanced Tech 3 (15-20) Target Tech 4 (21-24)
9. Improvement Areas Provide for more student 1:1 technology use in the classroom. Training for teachers in the use of technology Apply subject standards to teaching with technology Make sure students are mastering the technology they have on hand.