CORPORATE COMMUNICATON SKILLS
Embed Size (px)
What is corporate communication,corporate ethics,Aspects of corporate communication, communication for manager, conceptual skills, communication skills, and effectiveness skills.
Text of CORPORATE COMMUNICATON SKILLS
- 1.CORPORATE COMMUNICATION :ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR MANAGERS
2. Corporate communication
- Builds strong business relationships
- Internal and external co-ordination
- Builds and maintains the brand image of the company
- Gives competitive advantage to the organization
3. Corporate Ethics
- Prove it with your actions.
- Manage for tomorrowthe future.
- Conduct public relations as if the whole company depends upon it.
- Remain calm, patient, and good humored.
4. Aspects of Corporate Communication
- managing communication or fulfilling the communication management function
- dealing with controlled and uncontrolled media
- serving both internal and external audiences
- proactive communication planning
- advocating communication strategies and tactics
5. Managerial functions
- Defining goals, establishing strategies to achieve goals
- Developing plans to integrate and coordinate activities
- Organizing, Arranging and structuring work to accomplish organizational goals
- Leading, Controlling, Monitoring
6. Management Perspective in Corporate Communication
- Strategic and Operational Management Knowledge
- Develop strategies for solving public relations and communication problems.
- Develop goals and objectives for the communication department.
- Prepare a departmental budget.
- Determine public relations to your organization.
- use research to segment publics.
- Conduct evaluative research.
- Negotiate with an activist public.
- Help management to understand the opinions of particular publics.
- Use theories of conflict resolution in dealing with publics.
- Persuade a public that you organization is right on an issue.
- Use attitude theory in a campaign.
- Get publics to behave as your organization wants .
8. CORPORATE COMMUNICATION MANAGER what does he do?
- Designs company documents on websites
- Arranges shareholders meetings an press conferences
- Presents corporate response to various incidents, such as a workplace accident, a threatened strike
- Co-coordinating and organizing press conferences and event support
9. Conceptual Skills
- Using information to solve business problems
- Identifying of opportunities for innovation
- Recognizing problem areas and implementing solutions
- Understanding of business uses of technology
10. Communication skills
- Ability to transform ideas into words and actions
- Credibility among colleagues,and
- Listening and asking questions
11. Effectiveness skills
- Contributing to corporate mission and departmental objectives
- Multitasking: working at multiple tasks in parallel
- Reviewing operations and implementing
- Setting priorities for attention and activity
12. Some other skills..
- Doing things differently, exploring new territory, and
- Managers should encourage employees to be aware of and act on opportunities for innovation.
13. Thank you