2. Magnetic Contactor Gives Contact by Magnetic action Emran Hossain 25/18/2016
3. Upper Part Lower Part Separator spring Coil Emran Hossain 35/18/2016
4. Emran Hossain 45/18/2016
5. Coil Power 220V AC Single phase Input three Phase LineOutput three Phase Line Emran Hossain 55/18/2016
6. Line InLine Out Path is open and we cannot get any output from here. If we give 220V in this coil then it will convert the lower part to a electro magnet. When it become a magnet, it will attract the upper part. Upper part will come down and the circuit will be closed Now what to do ? Emran Hossain 65/18/2016
7. Line InLine Out Line InLine Out Coil Not Energized Coil Energized Before After Open Path Closed Path Emran Hossain 75/18/2016
8. Basic is over Time to learn something extraordinary. Emran Hossain 85/18/2016
9. CP (MC-1) (MC-2) Genset PDB DG ATS Condition-1: PDB on, DG off =MC-1 will pass PDB. Condition-2: PDB off, DG on =MC-2 will pass DG power. Condition-3: PDB off, DG on and in the mean time PDB become active = Both MC will be on and. Coil Coil Emran Hossain 95/18/2016 CP sensing for DG. Can be given from anywhere like PIB, MDB or Input of CP MC
10. Auxiliary Contactor Without Auxiliary contactor With Auxiliary contactor Emran Hossain 105/18/2016
11. Below condition is for NC (normally closed) Auxiliary. When MC not energized When MC energized Closed Path Open Path Auxiliary also have a mechanical switch which is attached with the upper part of the MC. When the upper path of the MC attracted by the lower path, status of the auxiliary also changed to NO from NC and vice versa. Emran Hossain 115/18/2016
12. CP (MC-1) (MC-2) Genset PDB DGDG CP DG= DG controller port. Gives AC phase voltage CP= DG controller port. Gives DG voltage A1 A2 A2= Auxiliary 2 (NC) A1= Auxiliary 1 (NC) Condition 1-PDB : CP will provide CP phase voltage, A2 auxiliary is NC so voltage directly sent to the coil of MC-1 and PDB will pass. In this condition If DG started by any cause then A1 is NO in this moment so the coil of MC-2 cannot get 220V. So when MC-1 is on at that time MC-2 is locked. Condition 2-DG : DG will provide Genset voltage, A1 auxiliary is NC so voltage directly sent to the coil of MC-2 and DG voltage will pass. In this condition If CP comes then A2 is NO in this moment so the coil of MC-1 cannot get 220V. So when MC-2 is on at that time MC-1 is locked. Coil Coil Emran Hossain 125/18/2016 CP sensing for DG. Can be given from anywhere like PIB, MDB or Input of CP MC
13. Emran Hossain 135/18/2016 ATS-1 ATS-2 In maximum site there is no dual port VDTC. Normally we used to keep one DG locked. ATS-2 will take output of ATS-1 as CP Condition-1 PDB: Auxiliary A2 at ATS-1 is NC so MC-1 will turned on and pass CP to ATS-2. Again A2 at ATS-2 is NC so MC-3 will pass power. In this condition MC-2 & MC-4 will be locked this is because A1 in both ATS will be turned to NO. Condition-2 DG-1: Auxiliary A1 @ ATS-1 is NC so MC-2 will turned on and pass CP to ATS-2. Again [email protected] ATS-2 is NC so MC-4 will pass power. In this condition MC-1 & MC-3 will be locked this is because A2 in both ATS will be turned to NO. Condition-3 DG-2: As CP unavailable and DG-1 locked so ATS-2 will get no input from ATS-1. DG-2 started. A1 auxiliary is NC so it will pass DG voltage to the coil of MC-4 & MC-4 will pass the DG voltage.
14. Emran Hossain 145/18/2016 Problem? If any of the MC become faulty then total automation system will fail ATS-1 ATS-2
16. 5/18/2016 Emran Hossain 16 Condition-1 (DG-1 & 2 locked) PDB: Auxiliary A5 & A4 is NC MC-1 will turn on and pass CP. Then A1 & A2 will be NO, by this MC-2 & MC- 3 will be locked. Condition-2 (DG-2 & PDB locked) DG-1: Auxiliary A1 & A6 is NC MC-2 will turn on. Then A3 & A4 will be NO, by this MC-1 & MC- 3 will be locked. Condition-3 (DG-1 & PDB locked) DG-2: Auxiliary A3 & A2 is NC MC-3 will turn on. Then A5 & A6 will be NO, by this MC-1 & MC- 2 will be locked. CP sensing for DG
17. 5/18/2016 Emran Hossain 17 Problem? At the time of switching DG MC off and in the same time PDB MC on, very often it has been found that the DG alternator burns. This is because sometimes for a very few second both MC keep on and CP voltage pass to the DG alternator. This phenomena happens for a very few second or mili second for some internal delay of MC but this is enough to burn to alternator. So Solution is Ahead..
18. 5/18/2016 Emran Hossain 18 AC Timer Top View Side View It is a relay with two switch. It used to operate with time. Time can be set by regulating the top nobes. Time could be sec, minute and hour. Its source port is 2&7. Normally its 1+4 & 8+5 is closed. When it energies in source port with (220V AC) then 1+3 & 8+6 become closed.
20. 5/18/2016 Emran Hossain 20 Condition-1 PDB: When PDB come to the lower part of MC-1 then timer-1&2 turned on. Now 3 things will happen. 1: After 5s Timer-2 will turn off Timer-3 and MC-2 will release & auxiliary A2 will be NC. 2: After 5s of CP arrival (-12v) will be supplied to DG auto port and DG will be shuted down. 3: After 30s Timer-1 will pass 220v to the MC-1 coil by auxiliary A2 (Now A2 is NC). Until CP fail DG will not start or if DG manually started then it power will not pass, because Timer-3 is off so coil of MC-2 will get no power. Considering all the lower part as input and DG will start when there is no (-)V in auto port Condition-2 DG: When CP fails MC-1 will release, A1 will be NC, Timer-1 & Timer-2 will turn off. Then In Timer-2 8+5 & 1+4 will be closed. DG auto port will not get (-)v and it will start if VDTC allow (will allow when site battery voltage is low). After starting Timer-3 will get 220v in its source port and turn on. After 30s it will pass 220v to the coil of MC-2 by A1 (Now A1 is NC). MC-2 will pass DG power and MC-1 will be locked until DG stops. Every Timer have some delay to deliver voltage. In this delay time MCs will perform ON/OFF and our problem resolved.
22. 5/18/2016 Emran Hossain 22 GCS409 controller have two auto port Remote Start & Remote Stop. Both works with (+12v). DG will start with (+12V) in start point and will stop with (+12v) at stop point. But we cannot keep (+v) at stop point continuously. We have to cut off immediately. When CP will fail +12v will come to VDTC from Timer-1. When site battery voltage will be low VDTC will send +12v to start point. And DG will start. Timer-4 is a DC Timer. It works with DC voltage. Positive part of the DC voltage comes directly from DG battery. And -12v comes from Timer-2. This voltage available only when CP is available. Whenever CP comes Timer-4 turns on. And it will supply +12v to stop port until the delay time (10s) is over.