WAY FORWARD FOR SRI LANKA CRICKET
Colombo School of Business and Management
Purpose of our intervention,
To enhance Sri Lanka Cricket performance both on field and off field which focuses at
the overall player development in knowledge, skills, attitudes focused at
sustainable, balanced and world class players by 2025
Participatory approach with key stakeholder groups
Stakeholder groups represent different stratus and view points and are divided into 3 focus areas of strategic, operational and tactical
Focus group questionnaire method adopted to collect information on a structured information system
Strategic group on one on one discussions for information collection and other on group level discussions.
Both tactical and operational groups completed and 65% of the strategic level completed.
President of SLC - Hon. Thilanga Sumathipala
COO of SLC - Jerome Jayaratne
Head Coach of SLC - Graham Ford
Sri Lanka Cricket Captain Angelo Mathews
Sri Lanka Senior Player 01 Dinesh Chandimal
Sri Lankan Senior Player 02 Rangana Herath
Sri Lankan Senior Player 03 Upul Tharanga
High Performance Manager Simon Wills
National Selection Committee
Cricket and Coaching Committee
Aravinda de Silva
Ashley De Silva (CEO of SLC)
Mohan De Silva (Secretary of SLC)
K. Mathivanan (Vice President of SLC)
Jayantha Darmadasa (Vice President of SLC)
Chandima Mapatuna (Head of International Cricket)
Shammi Silva (Treasurer of SLC)
Sidath Wettimuny (Former Interim committee Chair)
Arjuna Ranatunga (Former Captain)
Mahela Jayewardene (Former Captain)
Sri Lankan Senior Player 04 Lasith Malinga
National Fast Bowling Coach
National Fielding Coach
National Masseur - Lal
National Physiotherapist (N/A at the moment)
HP Training & Rehabilitation Manager
HP Lead Physiotherapist
HP Operations & Facilities Manager
HP Batting Coach
HP Spin Bowling Coach
A team Coach
Womens Head Coach
Head of Coach Education
Operational Focus: Group A Districts and Provinces -60 member group
District Administrators (1 Representative) and coach (1 Person) Provincial Administrators (1 Representative) and Coach (1 Person)
Group B Clubs 24 clubs with 2 members per group Clubs administrators and Coach (all together 24 clubs)
BASED ON THE FINDINGS THE DRAFT PROPOSALS MADE
FOR SRI LANKA CRICKETINCLUDE,
Proposed Vision for Sri Lanka Cricket
To be Sri Lankas Most successful and favourite sport
and to improve Sri Lanka through outstanding
Proposed Values of Sri Lanka Cricket
Purpose of Sri Lanka Cricket
Sri Lanka Cricket to be an outstanding organization in the world
Sri Lanka Cricket will Achieve this purpose through Provide Strong and clear direction, guidance and support to all levels of cricket across Sri
Clear, innovative and decisive leadership and management practice and structure within Sri Lanka Cricket
Uplift the growth of the game and improve its support structure
Developing outstanding elite mens and womens teams
Establish a strong and sustainable commercial base
1. Pillar One: Develop highly skilled and world class teams who excel on and off the field
2. Pillar Two: Inspire next generation of players for a sustainable increment in participation in all levels
3. Pillar Three: Attract more fans and take cricket to more people than ever before
4. Pillar Four: Provide world class leadership and management to deliver Sri Lanka cricket strategy
5. Pillar Five: Identify , diversify and secure Sri Lanka cricket revenue streams , investment and resource allocation.
6. Pillar Six: Ensure best practices in the governance
SIX PILLERS OF SRI LANKA CRICKET
DELIVERING PILLAR ONE, TWO AND FOUR
THROUGH HIGH PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
High Performance - Purpose
1. To provide an oversupply of players to the Sri Lanka Senior Teams capable of winning matches.
2. To work together to develop great Sri Lanka players by bridging the gap to the International Senior Game.
How do we together better identify, develop, prepare and manage players for International cricket?
High Performance - Strategy
The four pillars to our strategy are:
1. Identifying - Finding the right players through scouting, assessment, analysis and selection.
2. Developing - Introducing the most talented young players to International cricket and reinforcing foundations.
3. Preparing - Comprehensively preparing the most talented players in the first class game for International cricket.
4. Managing - Ensuring competitive advantage for Sri Lanka teams through developing people, improving knowledge and sharing best practice within the game in Sri Lanka.
High Performance Programme
To be recognised as crickets leading talent development and performance programmes
Key principles: Simple players pathway to the Sri Lanka Team. Invest most heavily in those with greatest potential. Long term, individual approach. Effective talent recruitment, profiling and benchmarking.
Life Style Programmes for Cricketers
1. English Language Skills Development2. Leadership Development3. Motivation and positive attitude development4. Self awareness - taking responsibility and accountability5. Media and Public Speaking skills6. Grooming and Etiquettes7. Basics of Management8. Food and nutrition9. Anti doping10. Anti corruption11. Managing the Social media12. Basic Computer skills13. Networking and PR skills
Psychology Programmes for Cricketers
1. Cricket Psychology - What is it?
2. Mental Toughness - Who has it and why?
3. The role of the High Performing Parent (parents only).
4. Communication - What am I saying or not saying?
5. Growth Mindset
6. Goal Setting
8. Coping with Pressure