KVAR Energy Controller saves you up 25% on your electric bill.
Text of Turmelle Energy Savers
1. TURMELLE ENERGY SAVERS Presents The Kilo Volt Amp Reduction (KVAR) Energy Controller SAVING ENERGY FOR OUR FUTURE DWAYNE TURMELLE (603) 978-7755
2. WHAT IS A KVAR ENERGY CONTROLLER?
KVAR EC is a custom measured capacitor that will save you between 6% 25% on your electric bill.
KVAR EC uses Power Factor correction to:
Reduce amperage and KW consumption.
Clean up line interference.
Send unused power back to the grid.
KVAR EC also provides surge protection, and helps motors run at cooler operating temperatures.
Return on Investment is usually between 12 18 months.
KVAR is a set it and forget it technology.
We will do a free Power Factor Analysis to determine your ROI.
3. DEFINTION OF TERMS
KW is real (working) power.
KVA is total (apparent) power.
KVAR is reactive (non-working) power.
Power Factor measures how efficiently a source is utilizing electricity, (working / apparent power).
Amps is the rate of electron flow.
Resistive load creates heat by consuming KW.
Inductive load uses alternating current to create a magnetic field which does all the work.
4. Beer Foam vs. Liquid
Foam is wasteful because it doesnt
quench your thirst (KVAR)
This foam is represented by KVAR (kilovolt ampere - reactance)
The total contents of your mug is KVA.
This is the total of KW (the beer) and KVAR (the foam).
As your KVAR (foam) approaches zero, your Power Factor approaches 100% & the amperage is reduced
Power Factor should always be optimized in a slightly lag position
Power Factor (P.F.) is the ratio of Working Power to Apparent Power
P.F. = KW KVA
KVAR (foam) is absorbed by the KVAR EC and is re-used, saving you $$$
5. THE KVAR UNIT
Electricity travels from a line source (power grid) to an inductive load (motor) through your electrical meter.
Electrical meters record all productive power consumption.
PROBLEM: You pay for unused energy
Electrical meters also record voltage spikes and other line noise as additional power consumption.
SOLUTION: Install a KVAR Energy Controller
KVAR Unit uses power factor correction to lower amperage and KW consumption, clean up the line interference, and sends unused power back to the grid.
6. THE KVAR UNIT
PROBLEM: Excessive motor burnout.
Power from the utility can have high KVAR properties.
Greater KVAR from the utility equals higher motor frame temperatures.
Higher temperatures break down winding insulation and shortens motor life.
SOLUTION: Install a KVAR Energy Controller
KVAR Unit will reduce KVAR, lower motor temperatures, protect winding insulation, and extend motor life.
KVAR Unit filtration components also reduce motor stress caused by voltage transients.
7. MORE KVAR ENERGY CONTROLLER FACTS
Commercial KVAR units come with a 5 year factory warranty.
Residential KVAR units come with a 12 year factory warranty.
The KVAR Unit has a minimum 25 year life expectancy.
All KVAR Units are industrial grade and are applicable to both the commercial and residential sectors.
We guarantee a 6% energy savings or your money back!
Air Conditioning Units
Cold Storage Refrigeration
Escalators and Conveyer Belts
Washers and Dryers
FIELDS OF USE FOR KVAR
9. COMPANY AND PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Invented in Port Orange, Florida
MADE ENTIRELY IN THE USA
Methodology for fitting the KVAR unit and correcting the Power Factor to near unity (0.99% efficiency) is Patented
US PATENT, UL LISTED, NASA TESTED, CERTIFIED GREEN BY GREEN BUILDING COUNSEL
10. HOCKEY TOWN USA 953 Broadway Rt-1 South Saugus, Ma 01906 Contact: Larry Abbott (781) 233-3666 Date of Installation: 5/13/09 1 KVAR Unit installed on Compressor #1, Brine and Water Pump Totaling: 3 Total Cost of Job (including installation) $4,923 Initial PF(Power Factor Before KVAR): 67% Final PF (Power Factor after KVAR): 99% May 2009 KWH Savings 42,900 kWh $3,264 for month June 2009 KWH Savings 18,000 kWh $1,369 for month July 2009 KWH Savings 30,600 kWh $2,328 for month Total average KWH and $ savings .0761 x .25,100/KWH = $2,322 per month ROI (Return On Investment) 2.1 months
11. CAMPION ARENA 394 North Main St West Lebanon, NH 03755 Contact: Dick Dodds (603) 643-1222 Date of Installation: 9/9/08 1 Kvar Unit installed on each Compressor for a total of: 2 Yearly Results: Sep 26 - April 27 (07-08 and 08-09), Ice is out from May-Aug 2007-2008 2008-2009 Total Savings 353,541 kWh 259,000 kWh 94,551 kWh for 8 months $43,688 $33,748 $10,315 $ Savings/Month: $10,315 / 8 months = $1,289 ROI (Return On Investment) 5.3 months
12. THE BOTTOM LINE
Installation of the KVAR EC will:
Save you money by reducing electrical energy consumption (KW).
Help motors run more efficiently.
Help increase equipment life by reducing operating temperatures.
Provide surge protection from voltage spikes.
Ensure better voltage regulation and capture line losses.
Cut your carbon footprint.
Improve your bottom line with a superior Return on Investment.
13. TURMELLE ENERGY SAVERS I guarantee at least a 6% power savings For more information and free survey, contact: Dwayne Turmelle (603) 978-7755 [email_address] www.kvaramerica.com