The Thetford Munzee Trail is a great way to explore this heritage-rich town. Have fun competing with your friends and family, answer our quiz questions while hunting and capturing each Munzee and discover places you never knew existed... plus, its absolutely free!
What is Munze
Munzee is a 21s
t century scave
hunt. Simply d
ownload the fr
scan the Munz
ee QR code stic
find along the
trail and score p
Win a prizeWin 150 worth of Go Ape vouchers to spend on your choice of thrilling adventures in Thetford Forest; or be in with a chance to win one of 20 free family passes to Thetfords Ancient House Museum. Simply tell us about your experience of the Thetford
Munzee Trail by 1st November 2015 at www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/thetfordmunzeeand you could be in with a chance of winning one of these great prizes.
the ThetfordMunzee Trail!
Download the FREE Munzee app to your smartphone from the GooglePlay Store, iPhone App Store or Windows Store, or direct from www.munzee.com
Sign up for a FREE account all you need is a username and password. Now youve downloaded the app, the fun can truly begin
Sign up to1
Hunting!Here are some simple steps to help you get on your way:
1) Make sure your battery is 100% charged.2) The Market Place (IP24 2DT) is a good place to start, but its only a suggestion.
3) Open the Munzee App to access the map and list screen and zoom in to your location: list will show the closest Munzees to you and map will show you where they are.
4) Somewhere in the surroundings is a Thetford Trail Munzee. On the Munzee App map all of our Munzees are pink;
5) Once youve found a Thetford Trail Munzee, tap it to reveal a clue on where its hiding.
6) You can follow the built-in compass to get nearer to the Munzee. 7) When youre close, use your treasure hunting skills to find the Munzee! Most are stickers that look like this (see right) but three are virtual Munzees.
8) Once youve found the Munzee, use the capture button on the home or map screen to scan the QR code or capture a virtual munzee
9) Quiz time! Answer a pop-up question. Be sure to look around the surrounding area for inspiration the less guesses the more points you get!
10) Now thats done, can you find the next one? Happy Munzee hunting! We hope you enjoy the Thetford Heritage Munzee Trail.
Once a Munzee has been captured you cannot do it again and it will show up as a red tick on your map.
Time to get
You dont have to finish the trail all in one visit. You can come back and
finish it at any time.
Lost phone signal? Dont worry, capture the Munzee
and your system will update once you get your signal
On the paper/pdf m
Munzees are numb
help you find them
, but you
dont have to find t
any particular ord
Close your app in b
your battery use
and cheat sheet in
What is a virtual Munzee?Virtual Munzees have no sticker as they are hidden in the skies make sure you are within 300ft of their location, select your capture screen and hold out your phone to capture!
)1 2 3
10 11 12
Market PlaceClue: Thetford - The ancient capital of East Anglia (Market Place)
Icknield WayClue: This is where youll learn about the roots of a prehistoric route - The Icknield Way
Nunnery Lakes ReserveClue: This bridge is named after William Gentle. Your gateway to the Nunnery Lakes Reserve.
Town BridgeClue: It casts a light over the Little Ouse River and the iconic Town Bridge (close to the Town Bridge information board).
The Cluniac Priory (Virtual)Clue: Virtual capture - youll find out the historical importance of Thetford Priory and here youll be able to capture your Munzee. Select your capture screen and see what happens.
Ancient House MuseumClue: Read the plaque and spot the Munzee close by.
Statue of Thomas PaineClue: Famous Scripts: Fact and Fiction - Its a board you see (Bell Inn).
The Nunnery (BTO)Clue: Welcome to the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO). Here youll find lots of information about the reserve.
Spring WalkClue: Put a spring in your step and find the spot where youll learn about the history of Thetford as a spa town.
Statue of Duleep Singh (Virtual)Clue: Virtual capture - He rides a great horse! Find this iconic figureto capture your Munzee. Select your capture screen and see what happens.
CheatsheetTop Tip! Why not take some paper and crayons with you? There are plenty of opportunities to take rubbings from the history boards on the towns heritage trail. For more information on Thetfords great heritage visit: www.thetfordsgreat.org
Charles Burrell Museum (Virtual)Clue: Virtual capture - read the plaque, select your capture screen and see what happens.
If you enjoyed the Thetford Munzee Trail, visit us at www.norfolktrails.co.uk for more ideas on fun, free activities to do on Norfolk Trails.
Find out more...For the lastest information, including competition prizes and updates, visit www.norfolk.gov.uk/munzee
The Thetford Munzee Trail is a Breaking New Ground (BNG) Landscape Partnership Scheme project brought toyou by Norfolk County Councils Trails team. BNG is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
For more information visit www.breakingnewground.org.uk
The CastleClue: Overlooking the park youll find out that the Castle Moundis the tallest medieval earthwork in Britain