Text of The Intersection And Alignment Of Learner Centered Instructional Strategies (Mus)
1. The Intersection and Alignment of Learner-Centered Instructional Strategies in Online Learning and their implementation using Course Management Systems Mostafa Ewees (PhD) Stanford University at California Assistant Professor at German University in Cairo (GUC) EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANT Copyright Dabbagh, N. (2003). This work is the intellectual property of the author. Permission is granted for this material to be shared for non-commercial, educational purposes, provided that this copyright statement appears on the reproduced materials and notice is given that the copying is by permission of the author. To disseminate otherwise or to republish requires written permission from the author.
4. How are teaching practices and learning activities conceptually related? What are some theory-based design implications for online learning based on the principles of deep learning? What features of course management systems support the implementation of learner-centered practices? Presentation Outline
5. Teaching practices = Instructional strategies Instructional strategies are what instructors or instructional systems do to facilitate student learning the plans and techniques that the instructor/instructional designer uses to engage the learner (Jonassen, Grabinger, and Harris (1991) they connect learning theory to instructional practice (Shuell, 1980) How are teaching practices and learning activities conceptually related?
8. Three Component Online Learning Model Online Learning Learning Technologies Instructional Strategies Pedagogical Models
9. Learning requires ownership Learning encourages engagement Learning is a social process Learning is contextual or situated Learning is an active process What are some theory-based design implications for online learning based on the principles of deep learning?
10. Three Component Online Learning Model Online Learning Learning Technologies