Text of Taylor and Francis Online Journal Solutions Overview Taylor & Francis Company Overview &...
Taylor and Francis Online Journal Solutions
• Taylor & Francis Company Overview & Initiatives
• Publications & Acquisitions
• Online Journal Solutions and Cost Effectiveness
– Journal Libraries
– Subject Collections
– Online Archives
• Sales support
• Established in 1798 when Richard Taylor launched “Philosophical Magazine”
• Building on two centuries' experience, Taylor & Francis has grown rapidly over the last two decades to become a leading international academic publisher.
• A global business headquartered in Philadelphia and Oxford (UK) and with 20 offices worldwide, including Singapore, New Delhi, Melbourne, and Beijing
• Taylor & Francis Group publishes more than 1,500 journals and around 3,000 new books each year, with a books backlist in excess of 20,000 specialist titles.
• Taylor & Francis Group is an Informa business. Informa plc is the global information provider for the academic, professional and commercial markets.
About Taylor and Francis
Strong Society Affiliations & Award Winning Authors & Contributors
340 societies and research institutions chose to publish their journal with Taylor & Francis including:
•American Planning Association•British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics•Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
In the 20th century, we played a major role in the internationalisation of research, whilst publishing groundbreaking work from scholars including Sigmund Freud , Albert Einstein & Professor Alan J. Heeger, Winner of the
Nobel prize for Chemistry in 2000 his articles are available in ST Library
Our Dedication to Publishing Developing World InitiativesTaylor & Francis Group is committed to distributing its journals widely tonon-profit institutions in low income and developing countries. Through agreements with worldwide organisations, academics and researchers in more than 110 countries can access vital scholarly material, at greatly reduced or no cost.
Collaborations with EIFL and INASP make Taylor & Francis journals available in 960 institutions across the Developing World – either free or at minimal cost. We are also proud to participate in the UN’s HINARI, AGORA and OARE programmes – providing free access for researchers in the Health,Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at nearly 3,000 under-resourced libraries.
Co-Publishing agreements with UNISA Press and NISC
STAR Project (Special Terms for African Researchers) – assisting individual academics in sub-Saharan Africa, in the hope of strengthening the research on the continent
Our Dedication to Publishing
• Project Transfer – a publisher code of practice, to improve procedures for journals transferring between publishers
• Committee on Publications ethics (COPE) – T&F enjoy a partnership with COPE, who work with scientific journal editors to help improve their publishing skills
• Fostering new journals – T&F have launched over 56 new titles in the past 2 years
• Taylor & Francis was voted Publisher of the Year in 2009, as chosen by the UK Academic, Professional and Specialist Booksellers Group.
• Taylor & Francis has knocked Oxford University Press off the top spot at this year's Academic, Professional and Specialist Booksellers Group, scooping the Publisher of the Year award. The awards were voted for by 132 respondents, who rated each publisher in five categories.
– CRC Press – Psychology Press– Routledge– Carfax– Frank Cass– Marcel Dekker– Transaction– Scandinavian University
The Taylor and Francis Group has grown to publish more than 1,500 journals. Our growth has come organically as well through acquisitions.
Media, Cultural & Communication Studies 71Physics 22Politics, International Relations & Area Studies 120Public Health & Social Care 60Sociology & Related Disciplines 29Sport, Leisure & Tourism 35Strategic, Defence & Security Studies 35
•31 titles - Vols 1-2 (free access years 1 & 2)•148 titles - 2011 New Launch - Vols 3-7
www.informaworld.cominformaworld 2 for 2011…
Informaworld Igenta Ebsco Database
www.informaworld.comFeatures and Functionality
• Quick and Easy Access to over 1,500 Online Journals -24/7 in library or remotely.
• Access content using a variety of authentication methods:
– IP and proxy server.
– Username and password (remote)
• 1 Online Journal for 100s of users accessible/printable at the same time.
– Maximize library resources
– Reduce pressure on storage space
– Reduce cost
www.informaworld.com Features and Functionality
• Upload your library’s logo• Obtain RSS Feeds• Manage your subscriptions• Create marked lists• Access and download Statistics• Download citations• Manage alerts to publications and articles
T&F After Sales Support
• Printed and online user guides
• Training and dedicated Sales Manager to manage customer account and customer needs.
• After sales – marketing materials
Latest updates on journal content
Subscription information & Special Offers.
How to access usage statistics
For further information on Taylor & Francis Libraries, please visit our site