TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF (02)
Talking about your preferences (04)
What are they doing?
Yuki, Jane, and Henry are friends. They are talking about what they like to do for fun.
7. No, I dont like
to read. I like to
watch T.V. 6. Me too and I also like
non-fiction books! What
about you Henry?
4. Yes! I like to
read Jane. Do
5. Yes. I like to
1. Hey Yuki.
What are you
2. I just came
back from the
3. Oh, do you
like to read?
Yuki Jane Henry
Review the phrases below.
1. What are you doing? means what are you doing right now
2. just used to show that something happened minutes before
3. came back means returned
4. Library a place you go to read books
5. Fiction books that are not real stories (not facts)
6. Non-fiction books that are real stories (based on facts)
7. What about you? used to ask the same question you were just asked.
Talking about your preferences: dialogue
Review the conversation.
Marcy and Paco are friends. They are talking about what they like to do.
Marcy: Hi Paco. What are you doing?
Paco: I just came back from the movie theatre.
Marcy: Oh, do you like to watch movies?
Paco: Yes! I like movies Marcy.
March: Yes. I like to watch non-fiction movies.
Paco: Me too and I also like fiction movies.
Answer the questions:
1. A book that is based on facts is called? _______________________
2. A book that is not based on facts is called? _______________________
3. What can you say to ask the same question you were just
4. What is the place called where we can find books? ___________________
Write the correct response to the questions below.
I like to read. Do you?
What are you doing?
Oh, do you like to read?
Answer the questions below to talk about your preferences. Practice your answers
1. Do you like reading? _______________________
2. Do you like going to the movies? _______________________
3. Do you like fiction books? _______________________
4. Do you like chocolate? _______________________
Practice the conversation below on your own.
Sam and Leslie are friends. They are asking each other what they like.
Sam: Hi Leslie. What are you doing?
Leslie: I just came back from the library.
Sam: Oh, do you like to read books?
Leslie: Yes! I like to read Sam.
Sam: Yes. I like to read non-fiction books.
Leslie: Me too and I also like fiction books.
Practice with your teacher
Practice the conversation below with your teacher.
Situation: Alison and Mike are friends. They are talking about what they like to do.
Choose a word from the box to fill in the blank.
about are non-fiction dont do
1. What _____ you doing?
2. I like ________ books.
3. What ________ you?
4. I _______ like to read.
5. ____ you?
Choose the correct word to fill in the blank.
1. I just ______ back from the movie theatre. (come/came)
2. Oh, ____ you like to watch movies? (do/does)
3. I like to _______ fiction movies. (read/watch)
4. I like to _______ books. (read/non-fiction)
5. I _____ came back from the library. (just/did)
6. Me ____ ! (to/too)
Put the sentences into the correct order.
1. Oh,/like/movies?/do/to watch/you/_____________________________________
4. you/What/are/doing? ______________________________________________