Social media tools for legal research gathering
Embed Size (px)
for the CBA Research Lawyers South section, November 18, 2009
Text of Social media tools for legal research gathering
- 1. Social media tools (blogs, wikis and Twitter) as an aid to gathering research resources Shaunna Mireau Field LLP November 18, 2009
2. Research Process
- Web is just one more place to look
- Sometimes great for the what
3. One more place text?
- When is a web page like a text
4. Legal Texts online for free 5. Legal Texts online for free 6. Wikipedia 7. One more place journal?
- When is a web page like a journal
8. theCourt.ca 9. Slaw.ca 10. LLRX 11. JDSupra 12. SSRN 13. Canadian Law Blogs list 14. Canadian Law Blogs 15. One more place CED?
- When is a web page like an encyclopedia
- Black letter law statements supported by citations infootnotes
16. Twitter 17. Anton Pillar
- Google vs a text as a starting point?
18. Great for the LATEST how
- Social media offers the latest word about innovations
- Google Scholar forlegal research
- Within 4 hours of seeing this there was a substantive, what that means to canadian lawyers post athttp://www.slaw.ca/2009/11/17/google-embarks-on-legal-publishing/
19. Great for the what
- What is an anton pillar order?
20. Customize your world 21.