1. PRESENTED BY: NAME: Tsokoh Frank Gbesimi STUDENT ID: S1344875 DEPT: MSc. Applied Instrumentation and Control (Oil and Gas) SUPERVISOR: Dr. Emad Mohamed
2. Statement of Project Task PRESENTED BY: Tsokoh Frank Gbesimi 2 To develop a LabVIEW-interfaced smart meter with load control/monitoring GUI. This smart meter can be accessed by client remotely either using an active IVRS(Interractive Voice Response Service) from the server end with a mere phone call or using a mobile GUI or a PC GUI over a GPRS/GSM network.
3. Overview of a Smart meter PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK GBESIMI 3
4. PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK GBESIMI 4 Design Requirements Switch ON/OFF devices remotely from a LabView/Mobile GUI or using an IVR service from a phone call. to acquire the device status of all house apliances remotely from a LabView/Mobile GUI or using an IVR service from a phone call. to acquire the amount of voltage and load remotely from a LabView/Mobile GUI or using an IVR service from a phone call. To acquire the instantaneous energy status remotely via a LabView/Mobile GUI or using an IVR service from a phone call. To acquire the energy consumption history remotely To Top-Up the smart meter from a LabView/Mobile GUI or using an IVRS.
5. Program Control Algorithm 5
6. PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK GBESIMI 6 Three ATMEL Controllers were used for this project. One for the IVR server , two for the smart meter itself , a GPRS module(SIM900) was used for the wireless communication , ADC0808 module with 8 analogue input channels was used for analogue data acquisition, ACS 712 current/voltage sensor was used to sense current across load , DTMF decoder for the IVR service and some other sequential logic components etc. The 3 ATMEL controllers were programmed with ASEM/C language , the smart meter Server and the IVRS server GUI were developed using NI-LabView , the mobile GUI was developed J2ME( Java 2 Micro-Edition). Design Procedure
7. METER CIRCUIT DIAGRAM PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK GBESIMIn 7 This was drawn using proteus 6.0
8. PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK GBESIMI 8 CIRCUIT DIAGRAM OF THE IVRS SERVER HARDWARE
9. PRESENTED BY: Ehigiator Peter Osamudiamen 9 SMART METER PICTURE
10. CUSTOMER GUI PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK GBESIMI 10
11. SMART MTER REPSONSE PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK GBESIMI 11 The response of the smart meter was tested under the following operational conditions using mobile phone GUI using VOICE service using a PC LabView GUI
12. Response to client request for energy usage history PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK 12
13. PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK GBESIMI 13 PICTURE OF IVRS SET UP
14. PRESENTED BY: TSOKOH FRANK GBESIMI 14 Conclusion The required SMART meter server/client with load control/monitor has been designed by means of LabVIEW graphical programming language , Micro-Java (J2ME) for the mobile GUI and embedded C and Assembly language . Real time current and voltage sensor( ACS-712) AND ADC0808-LCN were used with the controller to effectively acquire analogue voltage and current data. DTMF(Dual Tone Multi-Frequency was used to acquire and track user calls for IVRS request. The smart meter can be topped up remotely and within the meter itself