- Sheet Metal & Tools. Sheet Metal What is Sheet metal? What do we use sheet metal for? What are some common sheet metal tools?
Sheet Metal & Tools. Sheet Metal What is Sheet metal? What do we use sheet metal for? What are some common sheet metal tools?
- Slide 1
- Sheet Metal & Tools
- Slide 2
- Sheet Metal What is Sheet metal? What do we use sheet metal for? What are some common sheet metal tools?
- Slide 3
- What is Sheet Metal? Metal that has been rolled into a sheet having a thickness between foil and plate. greater than 1/64 in. and no larger than 1/4 in
- Slide 4
- Sheet Metal Use Many useful durable goods like: Cars, Equipment, Cabinetry, Duct Work, Toys, etc.
- Slide 5
- Sheet Metal Tools 3 Main Classifications of Tools Cutting Bending (Forming) Joining
- Slide 6
- Sheet Metal Cutting Tools Shears Handheld Table/Floor Mounted Snips Offset Duckbill Aviation Nibblers
- Slide 7
- Sheet Metal Shears Think Scissors Handheld Bench/Floor Mounted
- Slide 8
- Sheet Metal Snips Three Main Types Aviation Duck Bill Offset
- Slide 9
- Aviation Snips Cut easier because of compound leverage.
- Slide 10
- Duckbill Snips Used for cutting circles, and other curved designs Can cut either direction
- Slide 11
- Offset Snips For cutting long inside radiuses Cut in one (R or L) direction only
- Slide 12
- Sheet Metal Nibblers Take little bites Manual Powered Create Scrap
- Slide 13
- Sheet Metal Forming Brake Bends sheet stock at an angle. Pliers Like a handheld brake. Press Creates complex shapes (stamping).
- Slide 14
- Sheet Metal Forming - Brake Two types Cornice Brake All bends in one direction Box and Pan Brake Removable fingers allow 90 rotation
- Slide 15
- Box and Pan Brake
- Slide 16
- Sheet Metal Forming - Pliers Great for small bends
- Slide 17
- Sheet Metal Forming - Press Use a Press to make stampings Complex shape from one solid piece of sheet metal.
- Slide 18
- Joining Sheet Metal Mechanical Fasteners Welding Adhesives
- Slide 19
- Joining Sheet Metal Mechanical Fasteners Threaded Fasteners Rivets
- Slide 20
- Joining Sheet Metal Welding Spot MIG/TIG
- Slide 21
- Joining Sheet Metal Adhesives Epoxy
- Slide 22
- The End