Share Point Server Vs Share Point Online Final
Differences between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online.
- 1. vs.The differences between SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Online
- 2. About Me Brad Holt IT Project Manager Microsoft SharePoint Evangelist Over 10 years of SharePoint Experience 14 years in the IT Services Industry Currently focused on Microsoft Office 365 for Small and Medium Business. Follow me on Twitter and Facebook. @SMB_Office365guy http://www.facebook.com/SmbOffice365
- 3. Why is this important?
- 4. Reason This User group had questions regarding SharePoint online and answers had to be found. Attended the Office 365 Partner Deployment in New York City same questions there. Showcase where to find information about SharePoint Online and some of the features.
- 5. Overview Hosted environment vs. Online (cloud) Major differences between SharePoint Server and SharePoint online Demo Type of Control SharePoint Online Features Demo Public Facing web Site Search and Business Intelligence Questions Demo as time permits
- 6. Typical on premises Environment What are some characteristics of On premise SharePoint 2010 implementations?
- 7. Typical SharePoint Online Environment What are some characteristics of implementation in the cloud?
- 8. Microsofts View Microsofts plan - make the online version the same as the on premise version. SharePoint Online - multi tenant installment. The limits that it imposes is to protect the other tenants. Even the biggest Medium Sized Companies - the limits are sufficient. They are increasing.
- 9. SharePoint On-Premises vs.SharePoint Online Comparison Customize sites My Sites, Team BI, FAST to deliver Sites Intranet Search, business Sites Internet Sites solutions 11 | Office 365 Deployment Workshop
- 10. Who has control of what? Farm and Central Administration is handled by Microsoft Site Collection Administration is handled by a partner or the customer.
- 11. SharePoint Online Administration For more information, please go to: The SharePoint Online Administration resource center (TechNet) SharePoint Online Administration Guide The Office.com Help and How to center The SharePoint Online Planning Guide 13 | Microsoft Confidential13 | Office 365 Deployment Workshop
- 12. O365 Administrators Home Page
- 13. SPO Tenant Administration Create and manage site collections Easy administration of User Profiles Taxonomy management15 | Office 365 Deployment Workshop
- 14. Site Collection Admin Page
- 15. Office 365 SharePoint Service Plans Office 365 for Pro & Office 365 Enterprise Small Biz Office Web Pro &Exch. SharePoint Lync Exch. SharePoint Lync Apps Web Apps 1 Team 300 My Site for each Site Team Site Collection E plan user Collections Public Public Tenant Facing Facing Admin Site Site
- 16. The Simple, Lightweight, Public-Facing Site One per customer/tenancy Based on what people could do in Office Live for Small Business New edit tool (ribbon based) called Site Designer You cannot use SharePoint Designer on the main site Vanity URLs supported HTTP based No WCM (Web Content Management) publishing workflow, no site variations 19 | Office 365 Deployment Workshop
- 17. Search Overview Allows search across all site collections No external search engine can crawl SharePoint Online content at the moment Crawl frequency cannot be modified for SharePoint Search Every 3 hours The site collection administrator can Decide whether the site should be indexed Manage the term store and add/edit keywords Add a new search scope and scope rules
- 18. Business Intelligence Capabilities Access Services Microsoft Access databases BCS External content sources with WCF end-point including SQL Azure and external lists as long as WCF interface exists Microsoft Excel 2010 End-user data creation, manipulation, and analysis Excel Services Share with large number of users; protect IP, offload processing Secure Store Credentials management Visio Services Build a visual representation of business structures that are bound to data
- 19. Developers Developers can create SandBox Solutions They can be uploaded into the Solution Gallery on the SharePoint Online Account. - must be an admin. Give the Developer a way to Deploy solutions to SharePoint Online without being an administrator on the Online Account.
- 20. Questions
- 21. SharePoint Online ResourcesGet in on the action, get your own Office 365 trial account http://www.Office365.comRead the SharePoint Online service description http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=207232Read the Office 365 service updates http://community.office365.com/en- us/w/office_365_service_updates/default.aspxSharePoint Online Planning Guide for Office 365 for Enterprise http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-online- enterprise-help/sharepoint-online-planning-guide-for- office-365-for-enterprises-HA101988931.aspx
- 22. Thank You
- 23. Feature Description Storage (pooled) 10 gigabytes (GB) base customer storage plus 500 megabytes (MB) per enterprise userFeatures subscription license (E1-E4) Storage per Kiosk Worker Zero (0). Licensed Kiosk Workers do not bring additional storage allocation. Storage per external user Zero (0). Licensed external users do not bring additional storage allocation. Additional storage Available at a cost per gigabyte (GB) per month. No minimum purchase. Please review the Office 365 price list at http://www.office365.com. Site collection storage quotas Up to 100 gigabytes (GB) per site collection My Site storage allocation (does not count against tenants overall 500 megabytes (MB) of personal storage per My Site (once provisioned) *Note: the storage amount on individuals My Site storage cannot be adjusted. storage pool) Site collections (#) per tenant Up to 300 (non-My Site site collections) Total storage per tenant Up to 25 terabytes (TB) per tenant File upload limit 250 megabytes (MB) per file External Users (PALs) 10000 PALs are included per tenant. Microsoft Office support Microsoft Access 2010 PowerPoint 2007 and 2010 Microsoft Excel 2007 and 2010 Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 Microsoft InfoPath 2010 Word 2007 and 2010 Outlook 2007 and 2010 SharePoint Workspace 2010 Microsoft OneNote 2010 Project Professional 2010 Browser support Internet Explorer 7 Firefox 3 and higher Internet Explorer 8 Safari 3.1.2 on Macintosh OS X 10.5 Internet Explorer 9 Chrome Mobile device support Windows Phone 7.5 codenamed "Mango" or later Windows Mobile 6.1 or later Nokia S60 3.0 or later Apple iPhone 3.0 or later Blackberry 4.2 or later Android 1.5 or later
- 24. SharePoint Online CapabilitiesNotice anything . . . Show Comparison . . .
- 25. Differences . . .Features SharePoint server SharePoint OnlineCOMMUNITIES Same SameCOMPOSITES Developer Dashboard Yes No SharePoint Timer Jobs Yes No Business Data Yes No Integration with the Office Client Business Connectivity Yes No Services Profile PageCONTENT Records Center Yes No Audit Opening and Yes No Downloading Word Automation Yes No Services
- 26. INSIGHTS SharePoint 2010 Server SharePoint Online Business Intelligence Yes No Center Chart Web Parts Yes No Data Connection Yes No Library PerformancePoint Yes No Services Dashboards Yes No Decomposition Tree Yes No Excel Services and Yes No PowerPivot for SharePoint
- 27. Search SharePoint 2010 Server SharePoint Online Yes No Advanced Content Processing Tunable Relevance with Multiple Yes No Rank Profiles Business Intelligence Indexing Yes No Connector SharePoint 2010 Search Connector Yes No Framework Yes No Contextual Search Yes No Deep Refinement Yes No Federated Search Query Suggestions, "Did You Yes No Mean? and Related Queries Yes No Relevancy Tuning Yes No Rich Web Indexing Yes No Enterprise Scale Search Yes No Windows 7 Search Yes No Similar Results Yes No Thumbnails and Previews Yes No Visual Best Bets
- 28. SITES Web Analytics Yes No Public Website Yes Yes (one per tenant) Office Web Apps Yes Yes comes preconfigured integration Secure Store Service Yes Yes Tenant Level
- 29. Free Trial of Microsoft Office 365 Send me an email at: email@example.com I will send you the info.