Karina Salcedo Viteri
SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNING IN THE CLASSROOMPSYCHOLOGY AND LANGUAGE LEARNING
In this chapter the authors describe six different proposals about how a second language should be taught in the classroom.
For each proposal they give a brief overview and they discuss the implications of this reseach on theaching in the classsroom.
SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNING IN THE CLASSROOMGet it right from the beginning.An approach that focuses on grammar drills and lost of repetitions.
2. Just listen and read.Learners listen to books while reading along at the same time.
3. Lets talk.Obligates learners to negotiate for meaning
4. Two for one.Content-based instruction in a second language.
5. Teach what is teachable.Instruction which is designed to follow developmental stages.
6. Get it right in the end.This approach is a mixture of structural and comrpehensive isntruction