Saturday 9th February 2019
Royal Hobart Regatta
Kings Cup Centenary
Royal Hobart Regatta, Australian Wooden Boat Festival Rowing
Tasmania and Derwent Mercantile Collegiate Rowing Club celebrate
Henley Peace Regatta Centenary – King’s Cup won by Australia in
1919 – two Tasmanians, Arch Robb and Fred House of Derwent
Rowing Club rowed in the boat.
0438 396 114
• Junior rowing, with events for Under 13,
Under 14 and Under 15 boys’ and girls’ crews.
• $1,000 prize for Denis Mounie Championship Eights,
$500 each for Secheron Purse and Alexandra Sculls
• Extended program planned for Senior, school and club rowing
• The AWBF Wooden Eights are back at the Regatta
– let’s make the centenary row a big one!
• Medals for all placegetters
Tasmania’s 1924 King’s Cup winning boat – the oldest
eight in Australia, will be displayed at the AWBF.
Royal Henley Peace