Embed Size (px)
PEOPLESOFT FINANCIALS 8.9 3 R’s NEWSLETTER
NUTS AND BOLTS TO PEOPLESOFT FINANCIALS 8.9
• Classes Available from HR Training:
o Basic Navigation o eProcurement Requisitions o PS Tools for Sponsored Project
Management o Delivered Reports and Inquirieso Basic Query
• Newsletter • On-Line Training Modules Available
How to Obtain Access for PSFIN 89 • Fill out a PeopleSoft Financials
security form • Sign up for Basic Navigation class • Contact Security Administration for
Information and Questions
Common PeopleSoft Problems • Open Status Requisition • Denial Comment Not Clear • Multiple Line Requisition Being
denied because of one line error • Budget Check Errors • Side Triangle Expand Button • Accounting Date Error
October / November 2009
Our goal is to help you navigate through PeopleSoft Financials 8.9. So report a problem; we will review the problem, then resolve your issue or provide a resolution. The purpose of this newsletter is to provide information for PeopleSoft Financials users. The goal is to enhance your PeopleSoft skills with common tips, helps and instructions to promote a more user friendly atmosphere and to resolve common processing errors.
WELCOME TO OUR PEOPLESOFT NEWLETTER
COMMON WORKFLOW TIPS • The lifecycle of a requisition has
several steps and several people working together to process it through workflow.
• When a requisition is sitting with a message “no approvers listed” this means that your departmental signature authorization forms are not completed. A person has not been designated as an Approver for requisitions for your Dept ID.
• When you have 20 or more lines on a requisition, make another requisition to avoid receiving a timeout system error.
• If a requisition is denied in most instances you should get an email notification; however, if you have a multiple line requisition and only one line is denied you will not get notified unless the entire requisition is denied.
• If you approve requisitions and know that you will gone for an extended period, contact the workflow administrator to have your workflow rerouted to another person during your absence or setup an alternative approver (see Tips page).
• All requisitions that are not needed or in an error status must be canceled because monies are still pre-encumbered for that department.
• If you receive an accounting date error message when you try to edit a requisition, contact Renada Hulings (x-1617), so she can change the accounting date for you.
Suggestions for PeopleSoft Users
• You can add shortcuts to any frequently used page to your My Favorites list. Just click on the link that appears on the top right of the page, and that page will be added to the MY FARVORTES MENU.
• If you need to check the status of your requisition, you can do so by clicking on eProcurement> Manage Requisitions. (This page will give you information on the status of your requisitions and related document information).
• If you need a requisition rushed contact the workflow administrator to help speed up the process.
• If your requisition is in open or
pending status and the approver cannot click to approve it, then your requisition has not been submitted into workflow. Go back to manage requisitions, edit the requisition and re-submit it for approval.
Common Workflow Status
• Open: Requires requestor to save and submit the requisition.
• Pending: Requires Approvals
• PO Created: PO has been created but not sent to the vendor yet
• Dispatched: PO has been sent to the vendor
PEOPLESOFT FINANCIALS 8.9 Tips and Suggestions
October / November 2009
October / November 2009
PEOPLESOFT FINANCIALS 8.9 e-Procurement Requisition Helps
Setting up Requisition Distributions by Amount
If you need to split your requisition using more than one CFC and you want to split it by amount then do the following: Under Step # 3 Review and Submit, click the sideways triangle by the line number and change the Distribute By drop-down box to “Amt”. This will make an Amount field appear in the CFC by the Percent field. You can then enter a dollar amount for each CFC.
How to Review Budget Checking Exceptions
If you have a Budget Checking Error on a Requisition, Purchase Order, Voucher or any other transaction type, you can check the error message by going to Commitment Control> Review Budget Check Exceptions> and the module that the error occurred. (Requisitions would be under Purchasing and Cost Management>Requisitions).
Common Budget Checking Errors are listed on the website at: http://www.mcg.edu/peoplesoft/ps_v89_questions.htm.
Requisition Budget Checking Status and Submitting for Approvals
Currently there is a problem that the Step # 3 – Review and Submit does not show the Budget Check Status after you have budget checked a requisition. There is a ticket into ITSS to resolve this issue. In the meantime, to double-check your budget checking status, you can do the following:
1) From Step # 3 – Review and Submit, after you have clicked on the Check Budget button, click on Save & Preview Approvals. At the top of this page, your budget checking status will be displayed.
2) If your budget check status is Valid, then scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click on Submit.
NOTE: If you do not click on Submit at the bottom of the page, then your requisition will not be submitted into workflow for approval.
NOTE: If you have received a valid budget check, and you modify the requisition, then you need to re-budget check it to Valid again.
October / November 2009
Ordering Computer Equipment? –Include the Quote on Your
Requisition to AVOID a Denial
In order for your computer equipment requisition to be approved by ITSS, it must have the computer quote attached to the requisition. Copy the computer quote and paste it into the justification box (this holds more data than it looks) on Step #3–Review and Submit.
Make sure that your computer quote states that your computer meets the MCG hardware standards. These standards can be found at: http://www.mcg.edu/itss/computing/hardware.html.
PEOPLESOFT FINANCIALS 8.9 Helps
Are You Still Running Reports & Inquiries in PeopleSoft Financials
7.5? On September 22, 2009 an email was sent to all PeopleSoft Financials users to communicate the planned decommission of PeopleSoft Financials 7.5 on October 30, 2009. In the email message, it listed a URL of a document that has information on how to retrieve 7.5 data from PSFIN 8.9. The URL is: http://www.mcg.edu/peoplesoft/documents/peoplesoft_75_data_retrieving.pdf.
This document lists information on running the below queries to pull 7.5 data.
• MCG_75_PO_DETAIL – This query pulls detailed Purchase Order information by the PO ID.
• MCG_75_PO_DETAIL_BY_DEPTID – This query pulls detailed Purchase Order information by the Department ID and a PO Date range.
• MCG_AP_LOOKUP_VCHR_75 – This query prompts the user to enter a 7.5 PO ID, and returns the vouchers that were paid on that PO.
• MCG_AP_LOOKUP_PO_75 – This query prompts the user to enter a 7.5 Voucher ID, and returns the PO information for that voucher.
Additionally, there were some queries created to lookup PeopleSoft Financials 8.9 data as well.
• MCG_PO_LOOKUP_89 – This query prompts the user to enter a PO ID, and returns the vouchers that were paid on that PO.
• MCG_AP_LOOKUP_PO_89 – This query prompts the user to enter a Voucher ID, and returns the PO information for that voucher.
If you have need for other historical data that is not provided in the above queries and the document on-line, then please contact our office.
Looking for instructions and documentation for PeopleSoft Financials 8.9?
Be sure to check out the PeopleSoft documentation and handouts at: http://www.mcg.edu/peoplesoft/ps_v89_training_docs.htm.
Denied Comments on a Denied Requisition
If you need to see the reason why your requisition is denied, then you need to click on the triangle (expand button) beside the Review/Edit Approvers bar. This will expand the approval workflow screen, and you can view all comments. If the denied comment is unclear as to how to correct your requisition error, then contact the approver that left the comment on your denied requisition.
PEOPLESOFT FINANCIALS 8.9 Tips and Tricks
October / November 2009
My Personalizations Tired of pressing tab twice when typing in ChartFields values on your requisition? Tired of only displaying 100 lines of data when doing budget inquiries? You can change your navigation preferences!
1. Go to the My Personalizations menu from the Main menu. It is close to the bottom of your menu list.
2. Click the Personalize Option button by Navigation
3. At the Option Category: Navigation Personalizations window (example on left), change the Default Value of the options by changing the override value.
For example, to tab over the Lookup Button between chartfields, change the override value by “Tab over Lookup Button” to “Yes”. For example, to view more than 100 lines as a default on inquiries, change the override value by “Max Row/View All-Analytic Grid” to another value.
4. Click on the OK button to save your options. Note: You can restore your options, by clicking on the Restore Category Defaults button.
My Personalizations Option Category: Navigation Personalizations Window
Are you an Approver and Going on Vacation or Leave? You can have your eProcurement Requisitions re-routed to an alternate approver during your absence.
Go to eProcurement > My Profile menu. Under the Alternate User bar, enter the userid of the alternate approver in the Alternate User ID box, and then enter the date range of the days that you will be on leave. Then click on the Save button to save this information. The workflow system will automatically re-route your requisitions for approval to the alternate approver during these dates. Note: The alternate approver MUST have requisition approval security rights setup; otherwise, they will not be able to approve the requisitions re-routed to them.
Steps to Run a Budget Transaction Detail Report 1) Navigate to Commitment Control> Budget Reports > Budget Transaction Detail link 4) Click on Add a New Value tab (If you need to create a Run Control ID OR select an existing Run Control for the BTD report.) 5) Click on the Ledger Group Lookup button and choose your Ledger Group. 6) Uncheck the User Budget Overrides box. (If this is checked your report will be blank.) 7) Click on the Commit Control Date Option, and choose Range. 8) Enter your date range in the Date From and Date To fields. 9) Click on the Refresh button to display your chartfields. 10) Click on the Include CF checkbox by each chartfield that you want displayed on the report. 11) Enter your search ranges in your chartfield Value and To Value fields. If you want to search on one department, then enter your DeptID into the Value and To Value field by Department. (Note: These entries must be ranges. For example, in the account fields you would enter 600000 to 890900 if you want all travel, operating and equipment expenses.) 12) Next, you MUST enter a value or range in the Budget Reference fields. (Budget Ref is the chartfield like budget period. i.e., 2009 to 2010) 13) Click the Save button to save your criteria in the Run Control ID. 14) Click on the Run button. 15) At the Process Scheduler Request screen choose, the PSUNX server from the server drop-down list. 16) Click OK to run the report. 17) Click on the Process Monitor link by the Run button to view the processing of your report. 18) Click the Refresh button until the Run Status is Success & the Distribution Status is posted. 19) Click the Details link by the process that is Success & Posted. 20) Click the View/Log Trace link on the Process Detail page. 21) Click on the PDF file name listed on the View/Log Trace page. Your report can now be printed or saved.
Security Administration & Workflow Management Contacts WORKFLOW ADMINISTRATOR: Tina Fletcher Controller’s Division Annex I - B223 1120 15th Street Augusta, GA 30912 Phone: 706-721-0018 FAX: 706-434-7600 Email: [email protected] FINANCIAL INFO SYS & REPORTING MGR: Janice Chancey Controller’s Division Annex I - B221 1120 15th Street Augusta, GA 30912 Phone: 706-721-3288 FAX: 706-434-7130 Email: [email protected]
Running the Budget Transaction Detail Report for PeopleSoft Financials 7.5 Data Keep in mind that the Budget Transaction Detail report, reports on Budget Checking data. Therefore, this report lists transactions by their budget checking date. During the PeopleSoft Financials upgrade to V8.9, ALL transactions were re-budget checked between 11/01/2008 and 11/10/2008. All 7.5 transactions (no matter the year the transaction was created) were re-budget checked during this time frame. Therefore, they will show on the Budget Transaction Detail report for this re-budget checked date. In order to search for 7.5 budget data using this report, set the Commitment Control Date Option field to ‘Range’, and choose a date range of 11/01/2008 through 11/10/2008 in the Date From and Date To fields. Then, MAKE SURE THAT YOU ENTER A BUDGET REFERENCE FOR THE YEAR THAT THE TRANSACTION TOOK PLACE; otherwise, you will return data for ALL YEARS.
October / November 2009
PEOPLESOFT FINANCIALS 8.9 Budget Transaction Detail Report