Comprensin escrita X Expresin escrita Comprensin oral Expresin oral Interaccin
IDIOMA: Ingls ETAPA: Bachillerato
CURSO/NIVEL: 1 NIVEL MCERL: B1.2
An no Misobjetivos
DESCRIPTOR/SUBDESCRIPTOR:Siempre que pueda volver a leer si lo necesito o utilizar el diccionario...soy capaz de encontrar, tras una lectura rpida, informacin especfica en textos breves tales como resmenes de noticias; por ejemplo, quin ha hecho qu y dnde;
soy capaz de comprender los puntos esenciales de artculos de prensa breves sobre temas conocidos y de actualidad;
NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS READING COMPREHENSION B.11. Read the following text and match these New Years Resolutions to their suitable descriptions:
Each year we say well start doing this, or stop doing that. But more often than not our big plans get dashedsometime in January. Here are some of the more commonly recited new years resolutions that pop up in lateDecember, as well as others that are more likely to make it through the 365 days and really improve yourlife.
1. This is a perennial favorite for many resolution makers, and it doesnt take much to figure out why. The holiday season is a time to overeat and indulge and things might come to a head, with many people reaching their fat-gain breaking point after a New Years Eve buffet dinner.
A. DRESS MORE LIKE MY STYLE
2, Its tempting to want to get out and see more of the world, especially if you feel stuck in your rut or you havent been anywhere lately. This is one of the most common resolutions, just be sure to be a bit more specific on where you want to go because vague ideas rarely get done, but attainable goals are something you can work with.
B. QUIT SMOKING
3. This is often considered one of the hardest habits to break, and there are plenty of products, books, and systems to help you along. Still the most effective method is going cold turkey.
C. TRAVEL MORE
4. If youve been putting off the annual check-up and its been awhile since youve been given a clean bill of health, you may want to resolve to going in for a doctors visit. Starting the year off without having to worry about a serious medical condition looming in the background is one way to make it great.
D. BE HEALTHIER
5. They say that it is the soundtrack of life, but its also a great way to put you in a better mood, no matter what the circumstances are. The year ahead is goingto have its challenging moments, so reach for your favorite tunes more often and get taken to your happy place instantly.
E. GET A SIX PACK
6. Between having to dress according to your employers dress code and following the conventional fashion of todays apparel shops, you might have lost that part of you that wants to come out. Do an overhaul of your wardrobe and start wearing things that make you feel good.
F. LOSE WEIGHT
7. This is one of those elusive health goals that sounds great when you first get the idea, but then gets cast aside after a few weeks. Without the proper amount of dedication and a strategy to get it, you might be fall short and become another statistic. Meet with a personal trainer to discuss the diet and fitness regimen youll need to follow to succeed.
G. LISTEN TO MY FAVOURITE MUSIC MORE
8. Finding love is no easy chore, and keep in mind that many times you find that special someone when you stop looking. Perhaps it might be best to work on self-improvement so you can attract them automatically.
H. GET MORE SLEEP
9. Having this is one of the most important things you can do for your well-being, but many of us stay up into the wee hours, and wake up before were fully rested. Try following the circadian rhythm by getting to bed early and waking up early. Youll notice a big improvement right away.
I. FIND A GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND
10. This is one New Years goal that doesnt produce many success stories. Why? Its too vague. You cant quickly quantify being healthier so theres noway to hold yourself accountable later. Choose something you can measure more easily that falls under the healthy umbrella.
J. GET A HEALTH CHECK UP
Solutions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
2. Find the words in the text for these definitions:
ENDURING, ETERNAL:VERY SMALL:POSSIBLE, REACHABLE:GENERAL REVISION:GOOD HEALTH CERTIFICATE:POSTPONE:SUDDEN WITHDRAWAL FROM SOMETHING ADDICTIVE:THREATENING:GOOD PHISICAL CONDITION:HEALTH RECOVERY:
3. From the resolutions above, which one suits you? Do you feel you should/must do any of them? Would you add any other for yourself?
Cuando termines esta actividad, haz tu propia evaluacin de los descriptores que figuran en la cabecera de la actividad.READ more New Years Resolutions in: http://bembu.com/100-new-years-resolutions