www.testcurrentaffairs.com May 2015 Current Affairs May months current affairs of the year 2015 Sansar Lochan May
1 May 2015 TCA GK SHOWER
1) PAKISTAN ON 21 APRIL 2015 CONFERRED ITS TOP CIVILIAN AWARD NISHAN-E-PAKISTAN ON? ANS. XI JINPING 2) MAGNETIC LEVITATION TECHNOLOGY (MAGLEV) TRAIN OF WHICH COUNTRY HAS RECENTLY CLOCKED A NEW WORLD SPEED RECORD SMASHING THROUGH THE 603 KILOMETRE PER HOUR MARK IN A TEST RUN? ANS. JAPAN 3) WHICH ONLINE TRAVEL COMPANY ON 21 APRIL 2015 ANNOUNCED THAT IT HAS ACQUIRED CERTAIN ASSETS OF MYGOLA.COM? ANS. MAKEMYTRIP 4) JANAKI BALLAV PATNAIK WHO PASSED AWAY ON 21 APRIL 2015 WAS THE FORMER
CHIEF MINISTER OF WHICH STATE? ANS. ODISHA 5) CIVIL SERVICES DAY WAS OBSERVED ACROSS INDIA ON? ANS. 21 APRIL 6) WHICH COUNTRY WILL BECOME THE FIRST TEST CRICKET NATION TO VISIT PAKISTAN SINCE 2009 AS ANNOUNCED RECENTLY? ANS. ZIMBABWE 7) WHICH DEPARTMENT WAS ON 21 APRIL 2015 AWARDED 'PRIME MINISTER'S AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION? ANS. INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT 8) INTERNATIONAL MOTHER EARTH DAY WAS OBSERVED GLOBALLY ON 22 APRIL 2015
WITH THE THEME? ANS. IT'S OUR TURN TO LEAD 9) WHICH PLAYER HAS RECENTLY SMASHED A WORLD RECORD 350 IN JUST 138 BALLS DURING A ONE-DAY MATCH IN A ROYAL LONDON NATIONAL CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP GAME? ANS. LIAM LIVINGSTONE
10) WHICH BANK HAS RECENTLY TIED UP WITH NATIONAL PAYMENTS CORPORATION OF INDIA (NPCI) TO LAUNCH RUPAY PLATINUM DEBIT CARD WITH UPGRADED FEATURES? ANS. IDBI BANK
2 MAY 2015 TCA GK SHOWER
1) Name the Indian-American who was recently sworn-in as the U.S. Surgeon-General? Ans. Vivek Murthy 2) Who was on 22 April 2015 appointed as the Director General of Railway Protection Force (RPF)? Ans. Rajiva Ranjan Verma 3) United Nations (UN) observes World Book and Copyright Day across the world on? Ans. April 23 4) India and which country on 23 April 2015 began 10-day naval exercisenamed 'Varuna'? Ans. France
5) National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) on 23 April 2015 signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with which e-commerce giant to roll out digital marketing courses? Ans. Snapdeal 6) Which country has been named happiest country in the world as perlatest World Happiness Report? Ans. Switzerland 7) Calbuco volcano in which country has erupted recently for the first time in more than 42 years? Ans. Chile
8) Which telecom company on 23 April 2015 announced unlimited free calling scheme during night hours from its fixed line phones to any operator including mobile phones anywhere in the country from 1 May? Ans. BSNL
9) Which union ministry recently launched a scheme called Operation Five Minutes? Ans. Ministry of Railways [Purchase of an unreserved ticket within five minutes. 10) Which Union Ministry has recently received an ISO 9001:2008 certification from the British Standards Institute? Ans. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
3 MAY 2015 TCA GK SHOWER Q1. Name the author of the book Seal of the Surya? ANSWER: Sri Amritanshu. The book is a story of the first King of our lands the founder of Suryavansha of betrayal and loyalty, of dynasties and destruction.
Q2. Name the author of the book China Confucius in the Shadows released by the Vice President of India on 1st May15? ANSWER: Smt. Poonam Surie The book highlights that in the evolving socio political milieu of China, interpreting Confucian philosophy as being non-confrontationist, benevolent and with values such as
filial piety and harmony could help the current political regime deal with such problems as corruption and rising inequalities.
Q3. Which country became the 161st Member of World Trade Organization (WTO)? ANSWER: Seychelles Seychelles on 26th April 2015 became the 161st member of the World Trade Organization (WTO). With this, Seychelles archipelago of 90000 inhabitants became one of its smallest members
Q4. Name the person appointed as the new chairman of Childrens Film Society of India? ANSWER: Mukesh Khanna He will succeed Amole Gupte. The appointment was made by Information and Broadcasting Ministry. Q5. Name the country that won the Womens World Team Chess Championship 2015 held in China? ANSWER: Georgia
Georgia won the Womens World Team Chess Championship by defeating Russia. Mariya Muzychuk was declared the world champion 2015. Q6. Name the Indian who won the Whitley Award 2015 for using innovative communication systems to enable human-elephant coexistence in southern India? ANSWER: Dr. Ananda Kumar Dr Ananda has developed an Elephant Information Network (EIN) which acts as an early warning mechanism to alert people when elephants are nearby, minimise negative human-elephant interactions, and increase peoples tolerance towards elephants. Q7. Name the Indian who won the Whitley Award 2015 for his work to protect the iconic Great Indian Bustard in the Thar Desert? ANSWER: Dr. Pramod Patil
Pramod was a doctor at the time, made the decision to leave medicine and devote his life to conserving the great Indian bustard. Q8. Name the new system to access TV viewership that has replaced the 15 year old Television Audience Measurement (TAM)? ANSWER: Broadcast Audience Research Council
The data released by BARC, a joint venture between the TV and advertising industry, shows Star Plus as the leading Hindi general entertainment channel in the country (Hindi-speaking
markets), Zee as strong in regional channels like Telugu and Marathi, Aaj Tak leading in Hindi news (Hindi-speaking markets) and Times Now on top in English news category (All India). Q9. Name the NASAs spacecraft that ended a four-year mission to Mercury by crashing into Mercury after running out of fuel?
ANSWER: Messenger Its demise was confirmed by flight controllers when it failed to emerge from the far sight. Messenger was launched in 2004 and was only expected to orbit Mercury for a year. Q10. In which country, up to 5,000 NATO troops would take part in anti-submarine warfare exercises off its coast amid growing regional tension over alleged submarine sightings? ANSWER: Norway The exercise, named Dynamic Mongoose, will take place from May 4 to 13 in the North Sea and Skagerrak and will involve a number of submarines, surface ships and aircraft.
4 MAY 2015 TCA GK SHOWER
Q1. Name the Indo-French Naval Exercise that concluded on 2nd May15? ANSWER: A. VARUNA
The 14th edition of Indo-French naval exercise VARUNA concluded on 2nd May15 in the presence of Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar, along with Vice Admiral SPS Cheema, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Naval Command reviewing the progress of the
exercise form on board French Navys Aircraft Carrier, Charles de Gaulle. The Indian Navy and the French Navy have been conducting naval exercises since 1983 and following the establishment of a strategic partnership, these exercises were christened as VARUN in 2001.
Q2. Which countrys government has announced tough new punishments for foreign investors breaking rules on buying property in the country on May15?
ANSWER: C. Australia
Q3. Which states chief minister launched seven IT based e-services in its state on 2nd May15?
ANSWER: B. Haryana The services includes e-Stamping; Jeevan Pramaan; Revised State Portal; Aadhaar-enabled
biometric Attendance System; Mobile app; and Aadhaar-linked registration of birth.
Q4. World Press Freedom Day was celebrated on _____.
ANSWER: C. 3rd May
Q5. Name the president of Kazakhstan re-elected as the President on May15?
ANSWER: B. Nurusultan Nazarbayev Kazakhstan election officials announced on the 28th of April, that the incumbent, Nursultan
A. Nazarbayev of the Nur Otan Party, won his fifth successive term, securing 97.7% of the vote. The two opposing candidates, Abelgazi Kasainov and Turgun Syzdykov, got 0.7% and 1.6% of the votes respectively.
Q6.Name the boxer who defeated Manny Pacquiao of Philippines on a unanimous decision to win the unified World Welterweight title of World Boxing Council, World Boxing Organisation and World Boxing Association on 3rd May15?
ANSWER: A. Floyd Mayweather Jr. He is an American Boxer. The legendary bout termed as Fight of the Century, took place at iconic MGM Grand, Las Vegas and witnessed 12 rounds of intense boxing. This fight was the highest watched and most revenue generating almost 400 million dollars of all time.
Q7. Name the state that launched Niramaya a free drug distribution scheme to cover whole state on 1st May 2015?
ANSWER: Answer: D. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 1st May15 launched free medicine scheme 'Niramaya' at Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar. The state government has made a budgetary allocation of
Rs.200 crore for distribution of free medicine.
Q8. Who has been appointed as the new chief of central paramilitary force CISF?
ANSWER: Answer: B. Surender Singh Surender Singh is a 1980-batch police officer of West Bengal Cadre, is at present servi