All Managers notes on BSF to share with your team
Thanks for keeping up with the changes!
Ask questions and get updates using.
BSF button is now available in our CAFODconnect home page.
BSF Announcements (also in Managua to Manila newsletter)
Project updates available here, within the BSF site and in Romero House next to the BSF
1. All UK staff should now have received a letter informing them of the salary band and
migration process under the transitional arrangements for the New UK salary framework. The implementation of the bands is underway for most divisions. For Communities & Supporters Division (CSD) who are still undergoing restructuring as part of the Supporter Partnership Programme and for Campaigns who are taking a look at the work of their team; migration will commence after decisions have been reached.
2. Implementing the Supporter Partnership Programme (SPP): The response to the consultation paper was emailed to colleagues in CSD, External Communications and Campaigns on 28th June. Thanks to those who participated in the consultation. Feedback was collated which informed the decisions made by the Leadership Team for the Catholic Community.
3. External Communications Function: A process workshop scheduled for late July is being organised for stakeholders across divisions to test and evaluate the new processes. The workshop will look into the design, oversight and delivery of External Communications strategy and how the function works with management teams from other divisions.
Building a Sustainable Future BSF Programme
ACTION: If you agree with the band that your role has been allocated to, please
sign the copy of your letter and return this to Liza Tong in Human Resources.
ACTION: Please visit the Remit and Resourcing of Teams and Posts page for more information.
Managers resources for this month
Leading Change: There are
other ways of learning rather
than the hard way.
Sometimes, the easiest solutions are
right in front of us, with simple tools
and uncomplicated methods.
Years of experience in an organisation
can give us the confidence of knowing
the fine details of how things work,
when and who you need by your side
to make things happen. However, this
confidence can turn into a dangerous
attitude of this is the only way things
To successfully lead change, as
Managers it is important to inspire
and enable others to do work
together effectively to realise shared
goals. This means people need to be
trusted and they need to trust you as
As a change leader it is important to
think what people are seeing and
feeling when we communicate. We
have received enough feedback to
know that overloading colleagues
with messages especially if they are
full of corporate jargon wont work.
Using very general messages without
considering what information is
relevant to whom is not effective
either. Communications is about Skill
and Will take a look at the questions
in the box to the right.
We probably have the SKILL I am a good listener,
I promote dialogue, I can influence people, I
coach my team etc.
But do we understand why we need to
communicate effectively? Do we have the WILL to
- Am I ready to assume responsibilities when
- Am I ready to delegate?
- Will I commit myself to listen and consider
other ways of making things happen?
- Am I being heard / trusted?
- Am I being explicit in what is happening and
why these changes matters?
CAFODconnect can help you
advertising your new creation!
Add your latest resources to the
homepage and they will be
shared in M2M.
New resources to share?
Did you miss Julys Staff briefing?
We apologise for the connectivity problem we had last week
streaming our Staff Briefing. We have an audio available for you to listen to the announcements
and presentations for July. Access to the audio through this link: July presentations audio>
1. Remember to use our BSF Change Management Support for Staff
2. The Internal Communications Team or your HRA can also be contacted directly if you
need any extra support in terms of communicating or engaging with your team.
3. Also, lots of learning resources are available in Einstein, online access no matter where
you are based.
INFORMATION INFORMATION INFORMATION
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRES PLEASE COME
BACK TO US WHEN THE SITUATION HAS
RETURNED TO NORMAL. THANKS!