Latin America Geography Practice Test Questions 25-52
25. Which metal is mined more in Mexico than anywhere else? A. ironB. leadC. silverD. copper
26. Which country has about three-fourths of the trade with Mexico?A. BrazilB. CubaC. VenezuelaD. United States
27. Which region of Mexico has the most people?A. Central PlateauB. northern deserts
28. Which is a problem for the farmers in Mexico?A. Many areas have little rainfall.B. the soil is not very productive.C. There is not enough sunlight to grow crops.
29. What is a major reason that few Venezuelans are farmers?A. There is too much rain.B. There is little arable land (farmable land)
30. Which is a negative result of Venezuelas oil business?A. Health care services have decreased.B. Education for poor children has improved. C. Pollution has damaged the air and land.
31. How has Venezuelas location helped its trade with other countries?A. Venezuela is in the northern part of South America.B. Venezuela has a coastline with ports on the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
32. Most people in Venezuela live in what type of area?A. ruralB. urbanC. half live in urban and half live in rural places
33. Which statement BEST describes the population of Mexico and Venezuela? A. The countries are about the same.B. Mexico has about one-fourth times the number of people of Venezuela. C. Mexico has about one-fourth the number of people of Venezuela.
34. The Warm climate of Mexico and Venezuela is MOST helpful to which of its industries? A. oilB. fishingC. tourism
35. Why do most Mexicans and Venezuelans live in urban areas? A. Rural areas do not have a good climate. B. There are more jobs in the factories and businesses of the cities.C. There is much arable land in these countries.
36. What is the major source of income in both Mexico and Venezuela? A. tourismB. oilC. manufactured goods
37. What is one problem with depending on oil export for most of a countrys income? A. Most countries produced the oil they need.B. Most countries do not need to buy oil.C. When the price of oil goes down, the country begins to run low on money.
38. Where do most Brazilians live in their country?A. along the Amazon RiverB. in the Amazon rain forestC. along the eastern, coastal area of Brazil
39. The climate of Brazil allows farmers to export all of these crops EXCEPTA. WheatB. coffee C. orangesD. sugar cane
40. Which natural resource is an important export for Brazil?A. carsB. iron oreC. sugar cane
41. Why does Brazil have a fast-growing tourism industry?A. Most Brazilians live in urban areas and need jobs.B. Brazil has many natural wonders that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. C. Brazil has many cities scattered across the country that tourists want to visit.
42. How does Brazils location help it trade with other countries?A. There are seven major seaports along the Atlantic coast.B. The Amazon River allows ships to travel inland to the Andes.
43. What has been the major export for Cuba for the past two hundred years?A. fishB. fruitsC. sugarD. coffee
44. Which industries are helped MOST by Cubas location on the ocean?A. tourism and fishingB. fishing and tobaccoC. tourism and health care
45. Which product does Venezuela provide at a reduced cost to Cuba?A. wheat B. sugar caneC. oil
46. The large amount of arable land is MOST helpful to which industry in Cuba?A. fishing B. tourismC. farming
47. Which country supported Cuba until 1991?A. CanadaB. Soviet UnionC. United States
48. Who is Brazils largest trading partner?A. CubaB. United States
49. A similarity between Brazil and Cuba is that, in both countries, people tend to live in A. rural areasB. urban areas
50. A difference between Brazil and Cuba is that BrazilA. has a much larger population than Cuba.B. does not allow people to live near the coast.
51. How do the land areas of Cuba and Brazil compare?A. Cuba is over 700 miles long.B. Brazil is about eight times the size of Cuba.
52. In which industries do Cuba and Brazil compete with each other for trade with other countries? A. coffee, sugar, and tourismB. tobacco, autos, and medical products