JOIN OUR CURLING MOVEMENT
Committed to Community Through Curling
WORLD CURLING FEDERATION
SWEEPING THE GLOBE
World Curling Federation has 61 member associations with over
TEAM USA CURLING
SWEEPING THE NATION
More than 20,000 curlers registered with the United States
Curling Association. More than 180 member clubs in
approximately 43 states (including Idaho).
BOISE CURLING CLUB
Boise Curling Club has reached over 1500 individuals
since its inception.
WHY DO PEOPLE CHOOSE CURLING?
- Curling is a lifelong sport
- A social game that promotes good sportsmanship
- Able to be played by people of all abilities
- It’s a mental sport with complex strategy
CURLING’S UNIQUE VALUE TO COMMUNITY
• Attracts a unique type of person and player
• Indoor winter sport played in bad weather months
• Lifelong sport (curlers age 6 to 96)
• “Kids never get in hot water when they’re on ice”
• Seniors get active again
• Curling rink is a hub of community engagement
• Curling culture is communal, social and engaging
• Curlers are friendly, inclusive and fun
• Curling is a regional, national and international
CURLING AS A GAME• Fun, healthy, lifetime play
• Competitive, recreational, social
• Teaches values, team, congeniality
• All ages, genders, sizes and abilities welcome
• Played by hundreds of Idahoans
THE WORLD’S OLDEST TEAM SPORT
CURLING AS AN INDUSTRY
MORE THAN A RECREATIONAL SPORT
*ALL RINKS SHARE ICE TIME WITH
OTHER SPORTS. THERE ARE NO
DEDICATED FACILITIES IN IDAHO.
• Multi-million dollar International Olympic Committee Sport
• 1 of 4 major USA Ice Sports
• 108 dedicated curling facilities in the United States.
• Rinks in Boise, McCall, Hailey, Moscow and Coeur d’Alene*
• Boise Curling Club is a solid business partner
WE ARE UNIQUE.• Engaged, active and motivated
• Bonded in a commitment to community through a curling
IT ALL BEGINS
WITH A CLUBHOUSE.
BOISE CURLING RINK
• Rink-side bleachers for fans and friends
• Heated viewing area for warmth while watching the play
• Large activity room for club events, parties, weddings
• Bar for fun and revenue stream
• Headquarters for our community
BE A PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL
A CURLING CITY
• Become a member
• Join a league
• Volunteer for outreach programs
• Become corporate partner
• Sponsor club activities
GO THE EXTRA MILE
HELP US IDENTIFY…
• League play
• Ice-making equipment
• Curling equipment
• Our new facility
• Programs (kids, seniors, therapeutic)
Advertisers for our new facility
Invite family, friends, coworkers and neighbors to join us.
Participate in club activities and events.
Become a curling community Volunteer.
Enroll in our curling workshops, bonspiels and leagues.
• Executive board pledges
• New facility committee pledges
• Current member pledges
• Returning members pledges
• Philanthropic pledges
• Corporate pledges
• Curling stakeholder pledges
• Friends of the Boise Curling Club