APEEJAY SCHOOL, SHEIKH SARAI-I HOLIDAY HOMEWORK 2016
1. Read the novel The Invisible Man and write a 2 page book review. Make a colourful book jacket.
2. Write a character sketch of Griffin, Thomas Marvel, Dr. Kemp and Mr. & Mrs. Hall (1 page each)
3. Make 2 posters Theme Driving safe / Road Safety Rules / Say No to Drugs / Book Exhibition
4. Read the newspaper every day. Collect 5 articles on important social issues eg. Rising pollution, Congestion
on Delhi Roads, Underage Driving, Ways to deal with water shortage, Impact of ban on diesel Taxis.
Paste the report / article and rewrite the same in your own words.
Prepare for a revision test for 50 marks on reopening of school after the summer break on Chapters 1-5 from prescribed book.
Practise numericals based on elasticity of demand ,total and marginal utility,TPP,APP,MPP
Attempt the worksheet on elasticity of demand and production function.
Do the case study of the project of your given topic. It should include the following:
1. ANALYSIS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM Analysis of the manual system should also include the synopsis of the system
2. INITIATION OF THE COMPUTERIZATION It should include the reason why and who initiates the computerization
3. NEED OF COMPUTERIZATION It should include the purpose of automation of the system
4. MAIN MENU SCREEN Design the main screen using C++.
5. MAIN MENU PROGRAM Write the code to display the main menu of your project
6. DATA FILE NAME AND STRUCTURE After going through the given topic of the project, design the database you plan to use in the project. It
should include the following:
Data variables Data type Size Purpose
7. INPUT / OUTPUT LAYOUTS Design the forms (screens) for the input and output layouts.
1. 5 questions everyday from calculus(minimum 150 questions) to be solved from any reference book during
2. 2 assignment given on calculus to be solved.
1. What does earthing of an equipment mean? 2. What is the basic difference between earthing by induction and by conduction? 3. What do you mean by a point charge? 4. What are the properties of charges? 5. At the macroscopic level quantisation of charge can be ignored. Why? 6. Define electric field due to any charge Q. 7. What is the unit of electric field? 8. What is an electric file dline? 9. What are the properties of electric field lines? 10. What do you mean by vector area? 11. What is an electric dipole? 12. What is an electric dipole moment? What is its direction? 13. What is a point dipole? 14. What are polar and nonpolar molecules? 15. What are the important to be remebered while applying Gauss law?
(Electric charges and Fields, Electrostatic potential and Capacitance, Current Electricity)
1. A potentiometer consists of a wire of length 4 m and resistance 10 ohm. It is connected to a cell of emf 20V. What is the potential gradient of the wire?
2. A cell of emf 1.5 V is connected to a potentiometer, which gives a balance point of 40 cm from a galvanometer. Then, the cell is replaced by another cell of unknown emf. Now, the balance point is 10 cm
less than the previous balance point.
3. If a bullet of mass 1 g having charge 2 micro coulomb is accelerated using a Van de Graaff generator to acquire a speed of 20 m/s, What is the potential on the spherical shell of the generator?
4. The electric field intensity of a point P at a distance of 0.30 m from the centre of a Gaussian charged sphere of radius 0.20 m is 2.5 10
3 N C
1, directed radially outwards. What is the electric flux emanating through
the given Gaussian surface?
5. A positive charge q is placed at the centre of a cube. A side of the cube is 0.2 m. The electric flux through each Gaussian surface of the cube is 4.708 10
4 N m
1. What is the value of charge q?
6. A cell of emf 1.5 V is connected to a potentiometer, which gives a balance point of 40 cm from a galvanometer. Then, the cell is replaced by another cell of unknown emf. Now, the balance point is 10 cm
less than the previous balance point. What is the emf of the unknown cell?
7. The potential difference between the two ends of the discharge tube of a Van de Graaff generator is 2 10
20 volts. If an electron is placed at one end of the discharge tube. What is the kinetic energy of the
electron on reaching the other end of the tube?
8. A 10 m long wire potentiometer is used with a Daniel cell of e.m.f. 1.1 V. Its internal resistance is 0.5. If the balance point is obtained at L = 8.28 m, then while measuring the e.m.f. of an unknown primary cell,
what will be the e.m.f. of the battery?
9. The spherical metal shell in a Van de Graff generator has a maximum potential of 5.0104 V. If the dielectric strength of the gas surrounding the spherical metal shell is 10
5 V/m, then what is the minimum
radius of the shell?
10. The given circuit consists of a resistor of unknown resistance X. For the given set-up, no current flows through the galvanometer G. The resistance per cm of the wire AB is 0.02 cm
1. What is the value of the
current (I) flowing through the battery?
11. Determine the flux through a circular area of diameter 0.2 m due to a large plane sheet of charge having charge density 8.85 C. The circular area makes an angle 60
o with the line perpendicular to the plane sheet.
12. A spherical conducting shell of radius R has a charge density of field at a point P at a distance r >R from the centre of the shell?
13. If the current in the primary circuit of a potentiometer wire is 0.2A,specific resistance of the material of the wire is 40 x 10
-8 and area of cross section of wire is 8 x 10
2. What is the potential gradient
along the length of the wire?
Q1 What are rouge proteins? Write their function
Q2 How can we determine 3D shape of proteins?
Q3 Why are vanderwaal forces not significant at a distance?
Q4 Explain Ionic bonds.
Q5 What happens in sickle cell hemoglobin? How does it affect RBCs?
Q6 Define parental preparations. Why should proteins used for the therapeutic purpose purified to a high
Q7 What do you mean by
a) biological value b) protein efficiency ratio
Q8 How is reactive serine important in chymotrypsin? Name four other enzymes where reactive serine is
Q9 How can one compare whole protein pattern in normal and abnormal cells? Give basic principal of
Q10 How is aqueous two phase partition carried out? How can you remove contaminants?
Q11 Write different categories of protein based products. Explain any three in detail.
Q12 What do you mean by RFLP?
Q13 Write down the name and source of DNA ligase in cloning experiments.
Q14 What do you mean by MCS?
Q15 Write down the function of DNA ligase.
Q16 What are molecular scissors?
Q17 Why do we use only type II restriction enzymes in recombinant DNA technology?
Q18 Differentiate between blunt and cohesive ends.
Q19 Define plasmids. What is their advantage to the host?
Q20 Write down components of restriction-modification system.
Q21 Draw labeled diagram to show basic steps in rDNA experiment.
Q22 How are shuttle vectors different from expression vectors?
Q23 What is a host cell? Where can we use E coli as host and why? Give the situation where we can not use
E coli as host. What is the other alternative?
1. Do all the questions of Part III and IV chapters 9, 10, 14 and 15 in your homework notebook
2. Complete the projects of section I.
3. Plan all the diets of chapters 9 and 10 in your practical file.
4. Prepare the samples of the following stitches : (i) Even and Uneven tacking (ii) Hemming.
5. Collect and fill the following bank form: (i) Withdrawal slip (ii) Bearer cheque (iii) Crossed cheque
(iv) Pay-in-slips for cash and cheque deposits.
6. Write recipes of 4-5 dishes in these categories: Main dishes, Supplementary dishes, Salads and Desserts. Try and prepare few of them.
1. Solve the exercises from NCERT book from the following chapters a. Ratio Analysis b. Cash flow statement c. Comparative and common size income statements and Balance Sheet
2. Prepare a PROJECT strictly as per the instructions given in class. The project comprises of three parts: i. Comprehensive Problem
ii. Specific Project I - Ratio Analysis iii. Specific Project II - Cash Flow Statement
The Balance Sheet used for Specific Project I & II should be one printed in News Paper only.
(It is Compulsory to prepare the project as required for BOARD examination for the Practicals carrying
weightage of 20 marks.)
Prepare 2 PROJECTS strictly as per the instructions given in class. Further information is available on
In the above URL click on option Academics . Further click on CIRCULARS and choose the option
Archive and then choose 2012-Academic circulars given on the home page. Refer to circular number Acad-
OR Open www.cbse.nic.in. From the homepage choose academic website. Click on curriculum and select
senior school curriculum 2016-17 : Business