German Greetings. German letters. 1. In German, there are letters that are different than in English. 2. These letters are umlauts( have vowel sounds): =Same sound as get, set =No sound alike in English =Same sound as cool =sounds like SS. 3. W sounds like a V . - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
German GreetingsGerman letters1. In German, there are letters that are different than in English.2. These letters are umlauts( have vowel sounds):=Same sound as get, set=No sound alike in English=Same sound as cool=sounds like SS3. W sounds like a V.4. V sounds like a F.5. The modern German alphabet's based on the Latin alphabet, consisting of 26 letters.
auf wiedereshen=good bye tschss=good bye (informal)
8. Guten Morgen=Good morning!
9. Guten Tag!=Good afternoon!
10. Guten nacht, guten abend!=Good night!
11. Wie geht es dir?=How are you?
12. Mir geht es gut, danke.= Im good, thanks.
13. Geht, so.=So, so.
14. Nicht so gut.=Not so good, bad.
15. Wie heisst du?=Whats your name?
16. Ich heiss=My name isContinue working on the PowerPoint.
Type in the GERMAN words on the next slides.
2. Goodbye=3. Good Morning!=
4. Good afternoon!=
5. Good night!=
6. How are you?=
6. Mir geht es gut, danke.=
7. So, so.=
8. Not so good.=
9. Whats your name?=
10. My name is=Go to this website and play the German Vocabulary games.