1. Famous places in Latvia Presentation by Dorian, Eryk and Igor
2. Capital City Riga With 693,064 inhabitants (January 2014), Riga is the largest city of the Baltic states and home to more than one third of Latvia's population
3. Turaida Castle Building of the castle was started in 1214 according to directions given by Albert, archibishop of Riga, at the place where previously has stood the wooden castle of Liv leader Kaupo. A Castellum type fortress was built and named Fredeland, which translates as Land of Peace. Turaida castle dominates the Museum Reserve and is visually, its most impressive element.
4. Riga cathedral Built near the River Daugava in 1211 by Livonian Bishop Albert of Riga, it is considered the largest medieval church in the Baltic states. It has undergone many modifications in the course of its history.
5. University of Latvia University of Latvia (LU) (Latvian: Latvijas Universitte) is a university located in Riga, Latvia. Established in 1919, University of Latvia is the largest university in the Baltic states. The university is ranked 701st 750th in the world. In the period between 1919 and 1940, the University of Latvia was the greatest center of higher education, science and culture in Latvia. The former building of Riga Polytechnic in 19 Raina boulevard serves as the main building of the University even nowadays